The UK is one of world’s best countries. The living standard and multicultural cities make it one of the most attractive destinations for professionals seeking a career opportunity for themselves and their loved one. There are different reasons why people want to apply for a UK visa, such as:
- For study
- For work
- For business
- For Tourism
- To join family members who are already in the UK
- transit through the UK to another country
- refugee or as someone who needs humanitarian protection
UK immigration from India
India and the UK have signed an ambitious new migration partnership, which will see both countries benefit from a new scheme for young Indian and British professionals to live and work in one another's countries, thereby boosting work visas for Indian nationals and enhancing migration cooperation between the two nations. It means the opportunities are huge from UK. Home Secretary Priti Patel and Indian Minister of External Affairs S Jaishankar signed the 'Migration and Mobility Partnership', which aims to make it easier for British and Indian nationals to live and work in each other's countries, The UK Government is committed to deliver an immigration system that offers clear opportunities to the brightest and best talent from India and around the world to come to the UK to study, work and live. “It will give greater freedom and opportunity to thousands of young people in the UK and India wanting to experience each other's cultures, The British High Commission in a statement said that the partnership forms part of the UK Government's commitment to deliver an immigration system that attracts talented individuals from India and around the world, whilst enhancing UK-India cooperation on ensuring the system is fair and secure. “This past year has shown what the UK and India can achieve to address shared challenges – from our best and brightest delivering a Covid-19 vaccine at record-breaking speed to the invaluable medical supplies we have provided each other, “said British High Commissioner to India, Alex Ellis. The landmark Migration and Mobility Partnership announced today will create new opportunities for young Indian professionals in the UK whilst also enhancing cooperation to ensure our system supports genuine workers and students,” added Ellis.
Why to Settle in UK
- You will be free to work within the UK without restriction
- Cultural diversity
- Free Healthcare
- Excellent education opportunity.
- Great job opportunities
How to Apply for a UK Visa?
The UK visa application process depends a lot on the type of visa that you are applying for. Like for what purpose you are going to UK and for how long. Though most of the requirements are the same for each category, the way they are evaluated in the system differs. There are also additional requirements that vary from one to another category.
What are Types of UK Visa?
There are different reasons why people want to apply for a UK visa. That is why the United Kingdom has an organized visa system based on the purpose of visitors under multiple visa types.
- Work Visas.
- Business Visas.
- Study Visas.
- Visitor Visas.
- Family Visas.
- Settlement Visas.
- Transit Visas.
Required Documents for UK Visa
- You need to fill UK visa application form as per the categories you have applied for UK visa
- Two colored photographs. These photos should be taken within the past six months. (Two 45mm x 35mm (passport-sized) photographs).
- Valid Passport for three more months beyond the date you plan to leave the UK after your trip. It must also have at least one blank page for the visa.
- Proof you have the financial means to cover the living costs while in the UK.
- Proof of accommodation.
- Detailed travel itinerary. submit a travel plan that gives all the information regarding how and what you are planning to do in the UK. Include the travel dates, places you will visit, meeting agenda, booked tour, festival agenda, etc.
- Tuberculosis Test Results.
- Biometric information. If you are applying for a visa that lets you stay in the UK for more than 6 months, you will need to submit your biometric information. This includes giving your fingerprints and a digital photograph taken at the appropriate application center.
- UK visa invitation letter. (If applicable). If you will be staying over at a friend or a family member, then you should submit a letter of invitation. Your host must be a UK national or a legal resident.
- Paid UK visa fees. You should submit the receipt that confirms you have paid the visa fee as required.
Documents to Present at the UK Port of Entry
- Valid Passport.
- Landing Card.
- Visa (if applicable)
UK Tier Visa
The UK Tier Visa system is a points-based visa category system. Applicants must score a minimum number of points on an assessment test to be eligible for a visa. The test takes into consideration such factors as age, fluency in the English language, and other factors dependent on the specific Tier under which you apply. There are five different tiers:
Tier 1 – High-Value Migrants
- Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa
- Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur Visa
- Tier 1 Investor Visa
Tier 2 – Skilled Workers
Skilled foreign workers with a job offer in a shortage area
- Tier 2 (General) Visa
- Tier 2 (Intra-company Transfer) Visa
- Tier 2 (Sportsperson) Visa
- Tier 2 (Minister of Religion) Visa
Tier 3 – Unskilled Workers
Tier 3 category is for unskilled worker which has been suspended currently.
Tier 4, Adult Students
These types of visas are issued to international students who want to study in the UK.
Tier 5, Temporary Workers.
Youth mobility and temporary foreign workers
- Tier 5 (Temporary Worker) Visa
- Tier 5 (Youth Mobility Scheme) Visa
Tourist and Visiting visas
The UK is a very popular tourism destination, for shorter or even longer periods of visits. The UK Visitor Visas are issued for short stays, tourism visits, and similar purposes. UK authorities rarely do issue a tourism visa for a longer period than six months. Foreign nationals are prohibited from getting a job inside UK with this type of visa, just as with many other types.
Categories tourist and visiting visas
- Marriage Visitor Visa
- Short-term Study Visa
- UK Visitor Visa
The UK Family Visa is issued to visit family members in the UK. This Visa type is for people who have family members working and living in the UK and want to join them for more than six months, as their dependents. The dependents can be husband or wife (spouse), partner, fiancé, fiancée or proposed civil partner, children, parents, other family members.
Categories of family visas
- UK Spouse visa
- UK Parent visa
- UK Child visa