Hong Kong FAQ

Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

What is Quality Migrant Admission Scheme (QMAS)?

In Hong Kong FAQ The Quality Migrant Admission Scheme is a point based immigration system in Hong Kong Special Administrative Region.

Is there any quota system for QMAS?

There is a quota system for QMAS.

What is the Minimum point needed to qualify for QMAS?

These points are given based on age, educational qualification, experience, IELTS score and family background.

Is my qualification is assessed by Hong Kong Immigration?

Yes, if the immigration official thinks that your qualification needs to be assessed then the qualification assessment would be done.

QMAS visa is issued for how many years?

Visas issued under QMAS are usually valid for one year period.

Do I need an employment before applying for QMAS scheme?

Under this scheme, applicant does not need to acquire an offer of local employment beforehand.

Can I take dependents along with me?

Yes, even dependents can work and study under this Hong Kong FAQ scheme.

What is the best time to visit Hong Kong?

Hong Kong is an all-year-round destination. It enjoys a mild climate from the middle of September to the end of February, while the weather from May to mid-September can be hot and humid. About 80% of Hong Kong's rainfall occurs between May and September, with August usually the wettest month.

Do I need a visa to visit Hong Kong?

Visitors from most countries can enter Hong Kong without a visa for periods of seven days to 180 days, depending on nationality. Indians have a visa free period for visit not exceeding 14 days.Follow us

How is the weather in Hong Kong?

October to early December is usually the autumn. Mid-December to February is usually the winter. March to April is the spring. May to September is the summer.

Can I study in Hong Kong?

Hong Kong offers you a wide range of post graduate studies with opportunities to study on taught Master degrees, diploma and certificates, research degree (MPhil and PhD) and professional doctoral degree programmes. Academic staffs are highly qualified and recruited worldwide.

Do I need visa for Hong Kong for the purpose of study, employment, training, investment and residence?

Any person other than those who have the right of residence or right to land in Hong Kong must obtain a visa before coming to Hong Kong.

What major programs are open to international students?

International students can choose major programs offered by the Faculty of Arts, Business Administration, Engineering, Medicine, Law, Science and Social Sciences; as well as the Contemporary China Studies program offered by the Center for East Asian Studies.

What is the tuition fee, hostel fee, and other living expenses?

Tuition fee is HK$120,000 for the academic year 2013-14. They do change every year depending upon the Hong Kong Universities requirements. Hostel fee is around HK$10,000 per academic year, Living and other expenses would be around HK$35,000 per academic year.

How should I apply for an entrance scholarship?

All international applicants applying for admission to CUHK undergraduate programs for 2013 entry will automatically be considered for undergraduate entrance scholarships once formal admission offers have been given. There is no need for you to submit a separate application for a scholarship.

What is the duration process of Student Visa Application?

Applicants should check the status of their applications four weeks after the submission of application.

Can I take dependents along with me?

Persons admitted for studying in full-time undergraduate or post-graduate programs in local degree-awarding institutions may apply to bring in their spouses and unmarried dependent children under the age of 18.