Canada Parents and Grandparents super visa
Canada Parents and Grandparents super visa is for people who wish to live with their parents or grandparents in Canada. In order to be eligible for the Super Visa, an individual must be the parent or grandparent of either a citizen of Canada or a Canadian permanent resident. they must also have a signed letter of invitation from the child/grandchild inviting them to Canada. Canada Super Visa allows the parents and grandparents of Canadian permanent residents and citizens to visit them in Canada for up to 2 years at a time. After 2 years, you can apply for an additional Super Visa from within Canada. You must start the application for an extension at least 6 months before the first Super Visa expires. Parents and grandparents of Canadian permanent residents or citizens that wish to stay in Canada for a period of 6 months or less must instead apply for a Canada visitor visa.
Eligibility criteria to apply for Parents and Grandparents super visa
To be eligible for the super visa, applicants must be the parents and grandparents of Canadian citizens or permanent residents. Visa officers consider several factors before deciding whether an applicant is admissible. Officers must believe the applicant is a genuine visitor to Canada who will leave the country by choice. Among the things the officer might consider are the following:
- Purpose of the visit
- Applicant’s family and financial situation
- Other documents which prove you will return to your home country such as a lease, property deed, and so on.
- The overall political and economic stability of the home country.
- invitations from Canadian citizens or PR holders.
Parent Super Visa Requirements in Canada
Since the Super Visa for parents and grandparents allows them to stay for such long periods of time, the requirements are also more extensive than the ones for just the visitor visa.
- Complete and submit form [IMM5257] (to be filled outside of Canada).
- Parents financial and host financial situation will be considered.
- The overall economic and political also offer application.
- Invitation letter from host.
- A travel itinerary if you have already booked your tickets, or just a description of what you plan to do once in Canada.
- Parents or Grandparents must provide of financial support from their child (host)
- Proof of relationship with the child or grandchild in Canada such as a birth certificate or other documents.
- The immigration statuses in Canada of your child or grandchild to meet minimum & income household. (Around $19,000)
- Prove Canadian medical coverage insurance (for at least 1 year) with minimum coverage of $100,000.
- Complete medical examination requirements.
- A Declaration Letter from you to the Government of Canada where you explain why they should give you a Super visa.
Letter of Invitation format from the host will include:
- Complete Name of Parents.
- Date of Birth/place of Birth.
- Parent/grandparent Address & Phone Numbers
- For how long the parent/grandparent intends to stay.
- Relationship to the host (citizen or permanent resident of Canada)
- The purpose of the trip.
- Detail of accommodation
How to apply for Canada Super Visa
Get a letter of invitation from your child or grandchild who is a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada that includes:
- proof that your child or grandchild’s household meets the minimum necessary income. For a single person, the minimum necessary gross income should be $25,921 and for 2 persons, it should be $32,270.
- a document confirming that you had an immigration medical exam
proof of payment for medical insurance from a Canadian insurance company that is effective for a minimum of one year from the date of entry with the minimum of $100,000 coverage
- a copy of Canadian citizenship or permanent resident document of the person inviting
How much minimum Income is Required to invite parents from Canada?
|Size of Family||Minimum Income Required (CAD)|
|1 person (the sponsor)||24949|
|7 or more people (for each additional person add)||6723|
How do I show Proof of Income?
The host can prove their income through any of the following :
- Send the most recent paper copy of the Notice of Assessment.
- Get your tax information directly from the CRA
- A most recent copy of the T4 or T1 from your employer (if you are self-employed, you may obtain a letter from an accountant confirming annual income)
- Original letter from your employer stating your title, job description, and salary
- Employment insurance pay stubs
- Proof of other sources of income, such as a pension statement, investments, etc.
What Is the Approval Rate for Getting a Super Visa?
The approval rate for a Canadian Super Visa is about 96%. If approved for this visa, you can expect the processing time for a super visa to take about 8 weeks after sending the application. Keep in mind, the time it takes to process the Super visa will also ultimately depend on the country you are from.
How Long is the Super Visa Processing?
You will have to wait from 8 days up to 45 or 50 days for the Super Visa to get processing. Additionally, the time it takes to process the Super visa will depend on the country you are from.
What are the Super Visa fees?
To apply for the Super Visa, there are two types of fees:
- The visa application fee of CAD$100.
- The biometrics processing fee of CAD$85.
- When you send your passport for processing, you will also have to pay a passport processing fee of around CAD$45.