Canada International Mobility Program – C11 work Permit
Canada’s International Mobility Program (IMP) is for those Entrepreneur or Self-Employed Candidates who are planning to buy or run a new business in Canada. This work permit category has two streams. The first is for those who are only seeking temporary entry to Canada and the second is for those who are seeking permanent residence in Canada based on an Entrepreneurial or Self-Employed permanent residence program.Canada International Mobility Program is exempted from all the formalities of LMIA. LMIA is Labour Market Impact Assessment which has to be done by any employer in Canada who want to hire an international foreign worker. This guarantees the economy and overall labour market are not impacted negatively. There are a number of exceptions to the LMIA granted under the International Mobility Program (IMP). This includes LMIA-exemption code: C11 meant for self-employed workers and entrepreneurs who can bring a significant benefit to Canada culturally, socially or economically or will create opportunities for Canadian citizens or permanent residents. Beyond demonstrating significant benefit, applicants must own more than 50% of the business in question and create a viable and stable business plan. This is one of only a few business immigration streams that have no minimum net worth requirement.
What is “significant benefit”?C11 work permit gets approved or disapproved based on its “significant benefit to Canada” outlook. As mentioned earlier, the immigration officer assesses the applicant’s proposed business or a business plan for its significant benefit to the country which is as below.
- Is the work likely to create a viable business that will benefit Canadian or permanent resident workers or provide economic stimulus?
- Does the applicant have a particular background or skills that will improve the viability of the business?
- Is there a business plan that clearly shows that the applicant has taken steps to initiate their business?
- Has the applicant taken some measure to put the business plan in action (showing evidence of having the financial ability to begin the business and pay expenditures, renting space, having a staffing plan, obtaining a business number, showing ownership documents or agreements, etc.)?
- Economic stimulus such as job creation, development in a regional or remote setting or expansion of export markets for Canadian products and services;
- advancement of the Canadian industry such as technological development, product or service innovation or differentiation or opportunities for improving the skills of Canadians
What the benefits of Canada C11 work permit?
- You can start your own business in Canada without any interruption.
- You can move to Canada on Work permit
- You can Move to Canada with your family.
- You Can apply for Canada work permit after 2 years
- You can work as an entrepreneur and earn as much profile you want.
- You can work in Canada legally.
- You can improve your express entry profile and CRS score.
Minimum Eligibility Criteria for Canada C11 work permit
- You must have experience in the same profile or field.
- You should own minimum 50% share of your business.
- Your business should create jobs for Canadians and Permanent residents.
- Your business should be innovative or introduce something new to improve skill of people staying in Canada.
- It should be helpful for regional development.
- No age bar.
- No education criteria
- No IELTs required.
Work permit issuance in GCMSEmployer name: foreign national’s name or business name as per the offer of employmentEmployment location: as per the IMM 5802 form and work permit applicationLMIA-exemption code: C-11NOC: 8888Intended occupation: entrepreneurCase type: 52LMIA-exempt (offer of employment) number: requiredEmployer compliance fee: requiredDuration: the work permit is to be valid as per the applicant’s request and officer’s judgement
Extension of the Work Permit
- Following documents will need to be provided:
- Registration of their business as a legal entity in Canada;
- Demonstrate that the profits of the business remain predominantly in Canada or proof that other significant benefits have accrued to Canada;
- Proof that all appropriate federal, provincial/territorial and local tax returns have been filed; and
- Proof that they meet the temporary requirement, that they will leave Canada at the end of the period authorized for their stay.
Transition to Permanent ResidenceSelf-employed/Entrepreneurs are often in a strong position to become permanent residents of Canada, should they wish to do so. Permanent residents can reside and work in any location in Canada.
- The applicant must wait for a period of 12 months from the period they start working in Canada to apply for the work permit;
- The applicant can claim points for a validated job offer in the Express Entry system for 12 consecutive months of full-time legal work gained in Canada under this category;
- Fulfilling minimum requirements under the Federal Skilled Worker Program and getting an ITA (Invitation to Apply) by the IRCC;
Please Fill the Below form so that the consultant has all the knowledge about your profile and He/ She can guide you properly.