Canada Permanent Residency Visa (Canada PR Visa)
The Canada PR visa also known as Canada Permanent Residency visa is a popular among people who wish to immigrate to Canada. Canada’s immigrant friendly policies encourage immigrants to come to Canada and settle there. Working in Canada can change your life along with many opportunities and growth. When you become permanent resident, you can live outside Canada, but you need to live in Canada for minimum two years in five-year period. If you live outside of Canada for long time, you can lose your Canada PR status.
How to Apply Canada PR Visa from India?
It’s a very good decision to immigrate to Canada with PR Visa. The best way to migrate to Canada is through Permanent Visa (PR) visa. Canada PR visa is provided for 5 years. Canada PR visa has many immigration programs but if you are a skilled worker, Canada Express entry system is the best way to get Canada permanent resident.
Below are the step-by-step procedure to apply for Canada PR visa from India.
- Complete your Education credentials assessment (ECA)
- Get the required IELTS score.
- Create profile in Express Entry and lodge your application the online pool.
- Register yourself with Canada Job Bank (not mandatory).
- Apply for Provincial Nomination program. (optional).
- Invitation to Apply(ITA)
- PCC (Police clearance certificate) & Medical Certificate.
- Receive your confirmation of PR status.
- Get Passport request.
- Submit passport for visa stamping.
Best Immigration Pathways to Become a Canada Permanent Resident in 2022:
 Canada Express Entry:
Canada Express Entry is one of very popular immigration program to get Canada PR. In 2015, Canadian government introduced this immigration program called the Express entry system for foreign skilled workers. It is an electronic system to manage applications for permanent residence application in the express entry pool.
[2.] Provincial Nominee Programs:
Canada PNP is an easier way to get Canada PR visa from India. Canada PNP (Province Nomination programs) allow Canadian provinces to nominate individuals for immigration to their province based on criteria set by the provincial government from the foreign countries. Successful applicants obtain a provincial nomination which is helpful to get the ITA (Invitation to Apply) from IRCC (Refugees and Citizenship Canada), which may then be used to apply to Immigration to Canada. When the applicant has scored less than 400 points. Province nominee program is the best way to immigrate to Canada under Canada PR. Each province has different eligibility criteria. Below are the last of programs for Canada:
The following is a list of the PNPs in Canada. Note here that you should visit the individual page for each PNP to find out their procedure in proper detail:
- Alberta PNP program
- British Columbia PNP
- Manitoba PNP
- Saskatchewan PNP
- Nova Scotia PNP
- Prince Edward Island Nomination Program
- Ontario PNP
[3.] Quebec Skilled Worker visa:
Skilled immigrants who wish to reside in Montreal or other areas of Quebec are selected based on different criteria than those who wish to settle in the rest of Canada. Therefore, the province of Quebec has its own skilled immigration program, officially called the “Regular Skilled Worker Program Quebec.” All Quebec Skilled Worker Program applicants should intend to live in Quebec.
[4.] Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program 2022:
Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program was introduced in 2017; the federal government and its provincial government partners aim to welcome more than 7,000 newcomers and their families to the Atlantic Canada region by 2022 through the Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program. Canada’s Atlantic region comprises of the provinces.
- Nova Scotia,
- New Brunswick,
- Newfoundland and Labrador and
- Prince Edward Island
[5.] Home Child Care Provider Pilot and Home Support Worker Pilot Program:
As we all know Canada is a developed country along with that people over there have many opportunities due to that they need care givers to take care of their child and old family members. in June 2019, the Federal government Recognized the importance of caregivers for the Canadian community, so launched two new immigration programs for foreign caregivers who want to work in Canada – The Home Child Care Provider Pilot and The Home Support Worker Pilot.
[6.] Canada Spouse Visa:
Canada is the perfect country to settle with family and enjoy high living standards and quality life. Family sponsored visas are the key highlight of the Canada immigration program. It allows the permanent residents and citizens in Canada to sponsor their eligible family members, i.e. spouse/ common-law partner, parents and grandparents, dependent children, etc. to get permanent residency in Canada.
[7.] LMIA Owner/Operator Work Permit Canada:
Under Owner/Operator work permit candidate will get the LMIA approval without any advertisement but they should have an attractive business plan which have a positive impact on the labour market and economy of Canada.
[8.] Canada Start up Visa Program:
Canada’s Start-Up Visa program (SUV) is a popular choice for many foreign nationals who has experience in their own business or managerial activities. One of the main reasons to choose this program is direct permanent residence visa for family which is typically within 6 to 12 months.
[7.] C11 work Permit:
C11 meant for self-employed workers and entrepreneurs who can bring a significant benefit to Canada culturally, socially or economically or will create opportunities for Canadian citizens or permanent residents. Depending on the Canadian province in which we will choose to establish your business, this will need to be carried out by way of an extra-territorial registration, on behalf of a corporate entity that we will oversee the setup. We will need to use a corporate structure as required by provincial regulations.
After choosing the program Indian citizens to need to follow the generalized step-by-step procedure mentioned above for applying for the Canada Permanent Residency.
Benefits of Canada Permanent Resident Card
- Stay permanently in any part of Canada
- Candidate can Study & work in any part of Canada.
- Sponsor eligible family members
- Apply for Canadian citizenship (after becoming eligible)
- No tax on income outside Canada
- Access to subsidized education
- Social and Family security services
- Unemployment wages
- Protection Under Canadian law
- Canadian citizen like lower education fees in schools and colleges are free.
- You can get the citizenship of Canada after 3 years.
- You live a protected life in Canada, and the law of Canada completely applies to you.
What is the requirement Canada PR from India?
- Age should be under 45 years
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree/ Diploma or above
- Minimum two year work experience.
- IELTs Mandatory.
- Minimum 67 points as per Canada’s Points selection system
- No criminal record
- Good health
Documents required for Canada Permanent Residence Visa?
At the time of processing of your Canada Permanent Residence Visa, following documents are required to be submitted to immigration authority of IRCC:
- IELTS Score card.
- Positive Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report by relevant authorised body
- Medical test report by authorised physicians’
- Character certification
- PCC(Police Clearance Certificate) from your home country or other country if you have lived there for more than six months.
- Job offer letter from Canada (optional)
- Provincial Nomination Certificate (if any)
- Educational documents
- Work experience & training certification on Company’s letterhead (if any)
- Age proof such as Birth Certificate
- Valid Passport.
- additional documents if required by the IRCC
Who can accompany when you migrate to Canada on Family sponsorship under Canada PR?
Spouse- IRCC assume that your spouse or common-law partner will accompany you if you don’t mention yourself as a bachelor in your profile.
Children- Your children under 22 years of age is considered to be accompanying you.
Parents/Grandparents- You can sponsor your parents or grandparents only after settled in Canada.
Is Canada Permanent Residency is easy to get?
Canada permanent resident visa is easy to get only if you follow the right procedure. Canada PR process involves an easy 5 step to follow. What you need to do is:
- Check if you are scoring 67 points under Canada’s points-based system.
- Get your education documents assessed by Canadian authority.
- Submit application through Express Entry program
- Once selected from the pool, apply for the final PR visa and right to permanent residency
- Show Sufficient funds in your account before moving to Canada
New Rules of Canada PR Visa 2022:
IRCC (Immigration refugees and citizenship Canada) has around 60 programs .below are some General rules in all the programs include Canada Express Entry & Canada PNP.
- IELTS examination is highly important to establish your English Language proficiency and the score has to be minimum 6 bands each module to qualify for the PR status through Express Entry and PNP but few Provinces like Nova Scotia selects the candidate with a band of 4.5 as well.
- Candidates must have their education as per Canadian Board and they should have valid degrees from a recognised university and WES or any other authorised regulatory body should approve these degrees.
- Health certificate
- Character Certificate.
- Medical Certificate.
- Police Clearance certificate.
- Proof of Funds.
Note: The Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) offers alomot 60 immigration programs with each program gathering to a different immigrant. Therefore, you need to choose which immigration program suit you the best and which program will get you a Permanent Resident visa in the quickest manner.
FAQ Regarding Canada PR
What is Canada Permanent Resident (PR) Visa?
Canada is the place that is known for development and open doors for the vast majority and to influence the fantasy of relocating to Canada to work out you have to first “apply for Canada Permanent Residency Visa”.The Permanent Residency (PR) status resembles a distinguishing proof for every one of the general population who are non-Canadian that they are permitted to Reside in Canada. Along these lines it could be comprehended as a kind of Canadian visa and they are issued by the Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). It was first proposed in the year 2001 however were circulated in the year 2002 for the first time.
A PR card holder can appreciate every one of the advantages delighted in by a consistent national on the nation with a few confinements. You should demonstrate your PR card ordinarily while living and working in Canada. It is a one of the most important proof of legal residence that you need to have. Permanent Resident card is valid for up to five years after which you ought to either apply for full citizenship or look to have your PR status restored.
Canada Permanent Resident Visa Documents Checklist 2022
As a skilled worker if you are planning to migrate with a PR status in Canada then you should have all your documents ready to be presented to the Canadian embassy. You can start the process by creating an online account for the Express Entry Program by two steps –
- File in your IELTS score
- Get an ECA (Educational Credential Assessment) from WES or any other relevant authorised body.
- The list of documents that you might need at the “processing time if you apply for Canada PR from India” and the list is as follows:
- Language tests you should showing proficiency in English or French or Both.
- Documents showing nomination for immigration by a Province.
- A legitimate printed job offers from Registered Organization.
- Documents showing applicant has enough funds to support themselves and their family for a period no less than three months.
- Authenticated passports
- Documents showing that the applicant and all family members coming to Canada with them have undergone medical exams by registered and appropriately designated physicians.
- Documents showing applicants and dependents have undergone police background checks and been issued clearance certificates for the same.
These are some of the main documents that would be required. Any other document requirement will be based on the individualised candidature of the candidate.
Benefits of Having a PR
The IRCC (Immigration and Refugees Citizenship Canada) claims that the processing of the Express Entry Program PR visas can be completed in the period of six months and if you are thinking how to apply for Canada PR then the best way to apply for PR status is as a skilled worker. Some of the benefits of the PR status are:
- Health Insurance
- Right to study, live and work in Canada
- Protection against crime by the law under the charter 6 of the Canadian Law
- Right to apply for the Canadian Citizenship after a period of three years.
- Canadian Passport allows you to travel visa free in number of countries
- Allows you to sponsor your relative in Canada.
What is Canada PR points System?
Immigration viability to Canada is judged on the basis of several factors. These include age, educational qualification, work experience, language proficiency, adaptability etc. The system has been designed to sort out the best immigration applicants from the rest and allow for entry of the most qualified individuals without any biases. Applicants can get a maximum score of 100 points and need a minimum score of 67 on an average to qualify for the immigration process. The following list will tell you how many points you can score in each segment of the points system:
- Language Skills – 28 points maximum
- Education – 25 points maximum
- Experience – 15 points maximum
- Arranged Employment – 10 points maximum
- Adaptability – 10 points maximum
The PR point system is your first benchmark for determining your chances of successfully moving to Canada and starting a new life. It is advised that you try and score as highly as possible as this will also cut down on the time taken to process your application. Talk to our experts to learn more about the Canadian PR points system.
Canada PR Visa Processing Time
The Processing time for a Canadian PR depends upon a number of factors such as nationality, type of application, stream chosen for immigration etc. There are many categories you can apply through and the processing time varies with each field. The average time taken for private citizens lies between 6 to 12 months. The following short list will tell you the other factors which influence your visa processing time:
The simplicity of your verification process :This refers to the documentation and verification process that all visa applicants have to undergo.
The quickness of your response for relevant documentation :You should provide the relevant authorities the right documents to validate your person and other credentials as quickly as possible. This will help cut down on the time taken to verify your identity.
Time is taken for medical certification and police verification :
These are certifications and clearances that you will need to submit once you have successfully entered Canada.For perfect and shortest clearance times, you should get all your relevant affairs in order in your native country before leaving for Canada.
How to Apply for Canada PR Visa?
Applying for Canada PR is a really simple process which involves a number of steps. The following list will tell you how to apply to Canada for a PR visa:
- Get an ECA from WES. This will help you verify your educational qualifications.
- Score well in your IELTS exams. You need a minimum score of 7 points per band to qualify for immigration.
- Choose your job category from the NOC categories –O, A and B. Thereafter you can choose to apply through the various Express Entry streams
- Create an Express Entry profile online and provide authentic information.
- Your profile will now be listed in the CRS system and ranked alongside other profiles.
- If your score is good enough to pass the grade, then you will be issued an ITA after which you will have 90 days to apply for a PR visa.
Although technically you only need to score above the minimum passing grade to receive an ITA, it is nevertheless advised that you try to score as much as possible. Since thousands upon thousands of people apply for a PR visa each year, you need to distinguish your profile from the rest so as to have a favourable chance of moving to Canada. Apply for a PR visa here.