Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa
What is Subclass 491?
From 16 November 2019, Sub class 489 and 187 visas will be closed to new applicants and a new 491 visa will take its place. This new visa will be classified as a GSM (General Skilled Migration) visa. They have a lot of similarities. Subclass 491 is a provisional visa. It is for skilled workers who want to live and work in regional Australia.
Under Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) subclass-491 visa applicant will be able to live, work and study in designated regional areas of Australia for 5 years with their family.
Visa holders will be eligible to apply for a Permanent Residence visa after three years. This visa will be accessible for more people; with over 500 new occupations eligible under the new 491 visa (Check the Occupation list of Subclass 491 ). Moreover, the definition of regional Australia will be simplified and broadened to include all areas of Australia except the metropolitan areas of; Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Gold Coast and Perth. The notable changes here is that Newcastle, Wollongong and the NSW Central Coast will be classified as regional.
What are the eligibility criteria to apply under the new subclass 491 visa?
- You must be below age 45.
- You must have a Competent level of English (or equivalent).
- You must provide a valid skills assessment in relation to the occupation for which you are seeking nomination.
- minimum of 65 points will be required as per all other GSM points-tested visas;
- Your CV should be no more than four pages long
- Your occupation must be listed on the Commonwealth’s skilled occupation lists. To check if your occupation is eligible for the subclass 491 visa, please refer to the occupation list Australia Sub class 491.
- A Confirmation of Employment Statement
- A signed contract / letter of offer which includes your employer’s Australian Business Number (ABN) and contract details.
How much are Funds required to apply for Subclass 491?
|Number of dependents||Australian dollars (A$)|
|6 or more||$80,000|
How much points require applying for Subclass 491?
As we all know that immigrating to any country is not an easy task and the applicant has to meet the eligibility criteria decided by the country so to apply for Australia subclass 491 also applicant need to evaluate his profile. So before submitting an EOI for Australia Skill select, applicant need to calculate his points for Australia visa and the minimum points require is 65 points.
Benefits of Subclass 491
- You can stay in Australia for 5 years
- You can live, work and study in a designated regional area of Australia
- You can travel to and from Australia as many times as you want, while the visa is valid.
- Additional points will be granted to Subclass 491 visa applicant.
- You can include you family members also.
- Must live and work for 3 years in regional areas to get Permanent Residence (Skilled Regional) 191 Visa.
What is the processing fee for Sub class 491?
- DHA Fee (main applicant) $4,045
- Spouse is: $2,025
What is the Processing time for Subclass 491?
- We assess applications on a case-by-case basis, and actual processing times can vary due to individual circumstances including:
- whether you have lodged a complete application, including all necessary supporting documents
- how quickly you respond to any requests for additional information
- how long it takes to perform required checks on the supporting information provided
- how long it takes to receive additional information from external agencies, particularly in relation to health, character, and national security requirements
New Visa Conditions For Regional Visas
Condition 8578, 8579, 8580 & 8581
there are many conditions applies under these visas. Like below:
- Condition 8578: Visa holder must notify the Department within 14 days of a change of your residential address, phone number, email, or passport details, employers details, address and location of position of employment.
- Condition 8579: Visa holder must live, study and work in a regional area, including all members of the family.
- Condition 8580: Visa holder provide evidence if requested within 28 days of your residential address, address of all employer, address of any educational institution or address of location of employment.
- Condition 8581: If visa holder is requested to attend an interview with the Department in a manner specified by it (face-to-face, Skype or FaceTime), he must do that.
you cannot apply for once you have held a Subclass 491 visa if you are holding the below visa’s
Subclass 491 visa holders cannot apply for the following visas unless they have held their Subclass 491 visa for at least three years:
- Subclass 186 – Employer Nomination Scheme Visa
- Subclass 188 – Business Innovation and Investment (Provisional) Visa
- Subclass 189 – Skilled Independent Visa
- Subclass 190 – Skilled Nominated Visa
- Subclass 820/801 – Provisional/Permanent Partner Visa
- Subclass 858 – Distinguished Talent Visas
- Subclass 132 – Business Talent Visa
What documents can be asked by the DOHA (Department of Home Affairs)
- Phone number
- Electricity, water, Gas bills
- Bank Statements along with your updated address
- Offer letter from employer
- Enrolment number (In case you are studying)
- Employment Contract
- Lease Agreement
Why Choose World overseas Immigration?
We, at World Overseas Immigration, are rated among the very best and elite immigration services providers in India. Over the past 9 years, we have cultivated a strong repertoire for ourselves by consistently delivering the utmost service quality to our clients. Due to popular demand, we have also expanded our services to include virtually all aspects of Canada immigration, which includes IELTS training, job search and placement, resume rebuilding, rejection case appraisal etc. Thus, World overseas Immigration is your one-stop solution for all your immigration related queries.
We hire only the most knowledgeable and qualified professionals as Canada immigration consultants and further provide them with additional training and orientation to ensure that they are well-versed in each and every aspect of immigration to Canada and can resolve all related queries, questions or doubts quickly and easily. Furthermore, to help our clients better understand their immigration chances, we offer a free assessment option by which they can better grasp the particular considerations that need to be made in their case.
If you want the most advanced and proficient help in your immigration process, then there is no better source of professional advice and assistance than World overseas Immigration. You can contact us for any and all advice that you might need in order to make good on your immigration. Get in touch with us and let us guide you towards a successful immigration to Canada, where you can start and new chapter in your life.
And Follow our Facebook page to keep yourself updated about the changes in Australia Immigration