Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) – 2023
While planning to move to Canada, Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) is one of the most popular immigration programs. This program is Canada’s most economic immigration method and gives skilled workers and their families, the opportunity to become permanent residents in Canada.
Who is a federal skilled worker?
Professionals and skilled workers around the world who are looking forward to move to Canada permanently are called federal skilled worker. Skilled worker is a person who can compete and succeed in the country’s knowledge-based economy and has the ability to be self-supporting upon the arrival in Canada. These candidates can apply with their spouse/partner and dependent children. In order to qualify, the candidate must score a minimum of 67 points out of the possible 100 points.
Minimum requirements to apply as a skilled worker:
- Applicants must acquire at least one year of continuous full-time, paid work experience or equivalent in part-time continuous employment.
- They must have acquired this experience within the last 10 years.
- Their work experience should be skill type O (managerial occupations), skill Level A (professional occupations) or B (technical occupations and skilled trades) on the Canadian National Occupation Classification (CNOC).
Minimum selection factors under Federal skilled worker visa
Before applying for Canada FSW visa, Applicants must have cleared the minimum pass mark of 67. Following factors would give them an idea of how much they must score in the assessment according to their profile.
|Maximum 25 points
|Ability in English and or French
|Maximum 28 points
|Maximum 15 points
|Maximum 12 points
|Maximum 10 points
|Maximum 10 points
|Maximum 100 points
What is the processing time for Federal skilled worker visa?
85% of all the applications processed within six months are under federal skilled worker visa. IRCC aims to process complete Federal Skilled Worker applications in 6 months or less. Please consult the Canada Immigration Processing Times Tool to find out the processing time for immigration applications.
Federal Skilled Worker Program Step by Step process
The following list is a step-by step guide to Canada immigration through the FSW stream:
- Applicant will Create an Express Entry profile, Application as a skilled worker. This would make an Expression of Interest (EOI) and submitted to CIC.
- The applicant would be assessed on the basis of his Express Entry profile created by him and would be ranked in the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) as per the other candidates in the pool.
- Applicant would have to meet the minimum clearance score, and then the Canada immigration authorities would send them an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for PR in Canada.
- After receiving the invitation from Canada (ITA), he will have to submit health and police clearance certificates as well as other security checks. Thereafter, he would have to submit an application for approval to Canada immigration.
- Applicant’s application would be reviewed by a Canada visa officer.
- Only after getting the approval from Canadian authorities, they would have to pay the permanent residency fee and request their passport.
- Here the time comes, when they can move to Canada under PR visa with their family and begin a new life.
Total Processing Fees for Federal Skilled worker visa
Candidate need to pay the below processing fees for the Federal Skilled Worker program:
|Principal applicant ($825 processing fee + $500 right of permanent residence fee)
|Spouse or common-law partner ($825processing fee + $500right of permanent residence fee)
|A dependent child of the principal applicant who is under 22 and is not a spouse or common-law partner, or is 22 or older who has been unable to be financially self-supporting since before the age of 22, due to a physical or mental condition
How much funds required applying for Federal Skilled worker visa :
You can make out how much a person has to carry to apply for Canada Federal Skilled Worker visa.
|Number of family member
|7 or more
High demanded professions in Canada under Federal Skilled worker visa:
- Mechanical Engineer
- Software Engineer
- Equipment Engineers/Operators
- Computer Systems Manager
- Human Resources Manager
- Aerospace Engineer
- Banking & Credit Manager
- Industrial Electrician
- Oil & Gas Services specialists and this list renovate all the time