Canada Spouse Visa
Canada is the perfect country to settle with family and enjoy high living standards and quality life. Family sponsored visas are the key highlight of the Canada immigration program. It allows the permanent residents and citizens in Canada to sponsor their eligible family members, i.e. spouse/ common-law partner, parents and grandparents, dependent children, etc. to get permanent residency in Canada. Spousal Sponsorship Program is the most popular immigration category in Canada. Every year, tens of thousands of people apply for a spousal sponsorship visa in Canada and get the same.
Spousal Sponsorship in Canada
Canada’s Spouse Visa Program of Canada is a sub-category of the Family Sponsorship Program only. It allows the Canadian permanent residents and citizens to sponsor their spouse or Common-law-partner for Permanent Residency in Canada.
IRCC(Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada) allows the sponsors of Canadian Spouse Category visas (i.e. Canadian Permanent residents and citizens) to do so. This ensures the hassle free visa allocation to the sponsored people.
Who can be a sponsor?
To sponsor the Spousal Sponsorship visa, the sponsor must be related to the sponsored person as
- Common-law Partner
- Conjugal Partner
The two main categories of Spousal Sponsorship Program.
We consider Spousal sponsorship as Outland Sponsorship if the partner being sponsored is outside Canada. The visa Office of the applicant’s home country receives and processes the outland applications. Though the outland applicant can be in Canada and apply as outland applicant.
Inland pathway is the other key option to apply for Spousal Sponsorship program. Inland Sponsorship is the situation where both the partners are in Canada as the partner being sponsored has the temporary status in Canada, i.e. visitor, student, etc. A person being sponsored for Spousal Sponsorship Visa is also eligible to apply for open work permit to work in Canada, while his/her Spousal Sponsorship visa is in process.
What are the Benefits of Canada Spouse Visa?
Free Healthcare: As a partner of Canadian citizen or PR Canada your spouse can avail free universal health-care system
No Qualification & Points System: – Every time we apply for PR or any visa, we have to go through specific eligibility requirements such as points system or minimum qualification or work experience that must be met in order to file a successful application but good thing is CIC does not bother for spouse qualification or work experience
Ielts not required: As we all know IELTS is must while applying for Canada permanent resident visa or work visa. But in the case of Canada Spouse visa candidate does not required to apply for the IELTS exam as it is not required at all. So if your question is, Is IELTS required for spouse visa? Well answer will there is no IELTS require for Canada spouse visa
Job opportunities: You and your spouse can aspire to have a bright career in Canada as you can work in Canada while your spouse might be studying there or might as well be working too.
What are the Requirements for Spouse Visa in Canada?
- As a sponsor, you are responsible to financially support any dependent children who immigrate to Canada with your partner or spouse. You are legally bound to provide food, clothing, shelter, dental care, and eye care for the time period specified by the Minister of Citizenship and Immigration. Your obligations to dependent children under the age of 22 will last 10 years after they obtain permanent resident status, or until they turn 25. For dependent children over the age of 22, you are obligated to support them financially for a period of three years after they become lawful permanent residents of Canada.
- Individuals who have been charged or convicted of any sexual offenses, or criminal offenses involving their spouse, partner, or other relatives are not eligible to sponsor foreign nationals for a permanent residency visa
- As a sponsor, you are solely responsible to financially support your spouse, husband, sponsor need to sign undertaking stipulates that you must provide basic needs, which includes food, clothing, shelter, dental care, and eye care. You are legally bound to provide this support for a period of three years after your partner or spouse Sponsorship Canada becomes a permanent resident of Canada.
- The sponsor must meet minimum income requirements to be considered eligible. This figure is determined by the Government of Canada. The income of your spouse or partner may also be considered when determining whether this requirement has been met.
- The relationship must be bona fide, ongoing, and both parties must intend to continue the relationship after permanent resident status has been granted to the applicant.
- To be sponsor, you must need to prove that you’re not receiving social assistance for reasons other than a disability.
Eligibility Criteria to be a Sponsor
You can be a sponsor of the Spousal category visa provided, you are:
- 18 years or above
- A permanent resident or citizen of Canada
- Able to demonstrate that you are not getting any social assistance (apart from disability if any)
- Able to demonstrate that you can provide basic needs to the sponsored person, i.e. your spouse or partner
- If you are residing in Quebec province of Canada, you need to fulfill Quebec’s conditions for sponsorship.