Germany Training/Internship Visit Visa application is applicable for training or internship. This visa is valid for travel period of less than 90 days. This visa is for those who wish to either train or become an intern within Germany.
Documents required for Training/Internship in Germany:
All Indian applicants must at least submit the following documents for a visa for doing Internship in Germany:
- One application form, fully completed and signed.
- Fully completed and signed declaration “Provision of true and correct information” (either in English or in German)
- Photographs: Two recent passport photographs according to biometric specifications((size 35mm x 45mm, lengthwise size of the face 32-36mm; with white background and contrast-colour clothing) one attached to the form and one loose.
- A passport valid for at least six months longer than the intended stay, with available pages for a visa sticker.
- A photocopy of the passport details. In case of any ‘observation’ in the passport, a photocopy of that page too.
- Proof of study in India: Fee book and Student’s ID card (original and photocopy).
- Evidence of sufficient finance and of accommodation organised for the entire period of Internship (original and photocopy).
- From the university/ institute in Germany: A letter (in German language) confirming the internship of the student and the document regarding the permission for work, received from ‘Bundesagentur für Arbeit’ (‘Zentrale Auslands- und Fachvermittlung’ : ZAV) (original and photocopy).
- A letter from the university/ institute in India confirming that the applicant is a student of that organisation (original and photocopy).
- A not transferable, not negotiable confirmed return ticket (original & photocopy).
- International health insurance, covering the duration of the stay (original & photocopy).
- Required Visa fees (75 Euros, payable in Indian Rupees only) Required Visa fees have to be paid by Demand Draft at the time of submission of the visa application. The Demand Draft should be in the name of the “Consulate General of the Federal Republic of Germany, Kolkata”, has to be payable in Kolkata and must not be older than 2 months. One copy of the Demand Draft Form (the form is given on our website) should be duly filled and be submitted at the counter along with the required documents upon applying for visa.
Processing a Schengen visa can take up to 14 working days.
Additional documents or documented evidence may be required in certain cases:
- Short term Schengen Visa form.
- Photocopy of air ticket.
- Photocopy of health insurance.
- Covering letter.
- Documents sent by the university/institute in Germany
- Schengen visa can be obtained for a maximum duration of 90 days per half year.
- For holders of an Indian “Identity Certificate” (yellow passport) re-entry permit and visa for India issued by the Indian Government are required.
The assessment regarding Internship is based on the following criteria:
- If an applicant is a genuine student who intends to undertake internship in Germany, abide by visa conditions.
- Whether the applicant’s German language skills are adequate for the purpose of the proposed internship, if German is the language of instruction of the intended program.
- Relevance of the proposed internship for the applicant’s current academic and employment circumstances.
- Adequate Financial Resources to finance all expenses to be incurred in Germany.
Industries for Internship:
- Engineers, Medical & Healthcare, IT & Software, Hospitality.
Where and how to apply for a Training/Internship VISA
You should apply at your home country’s German Embassy. First-time applicants have to submit the application form along with the required documents in person. Frequent travellers may submit their application and documents via an agent or a travel agency. It is recommended you apply for a visa at least 3 weeks before your travel date to meet any processing delays.
How to pay for visa
Applicants have to pay the visa fees by a bank transfer. Check’s or credit cards are not accepted. Cost of a visa as of 2018 is 75 Euro. Please note the visa fees will not be reimbursed in case of the visa being rejected and the price is subject to change at any time.