Germany Study Visa

Germany Study Visa

Germany Study Visa, because germany is a place to be when it comes to the quality of higher education, research infrastructure, teaching methodology, low-cost studies and career prospect. That is why many internationals continue to believe that Germany is the best place for pursuing their higher education further.

“In case, a student visa is needed then official documents are required to permit a non-German national to enter and stay in the territory of Germany for the purpose of studying, in a specific intended period.”

Below are the required Documents:

  • Just received the Acceptance Letter from a German University.
  • Soon is expected to get A Response on his/her University Application in a University in Germany.
  • Has to Enrol in A Foundation Course before applying in a German University.
  • Needs to Take a Foundation Course to prepare for the test – qualification assessment examination.
  • Completed application form.
  • Valid passport.
  • Two photographs.
  • Transcript of academic record.
  • Letter showing you’ve been accepted by a German university.
  • Proof that you have sufficient funds to support yourself while living in Germany. Dependent on the embassy, you may also need to show proof that you don’t have a criminal record. One of the ways in which you can prove you have sufficient funds to study in Germany is by depositing a security payment into a blocked account – this means you cannot withdraw the money until after you arrive in Germany.
  • Certificate showing you’ve purchased health insurance.
  • Proof that you don’t have a criminal record.

If you are planning to study in Germany for more than 90 days you should apply for a National Visa for the purpose of study rather than a Schengen Visa, which will only allow you to stay in Germany for three months.

“As well as your student visa, you will also need to apply for a residence permit on arrival.”

How to apply for a residence permit?

In Germany, you will have to register with the local Alien Registration Office; Here you must apply for a residence permit for study purposes. The documents you’ll need are similar to those needed for the visa:

  • Proof of valid private or public health insurance.
  • Certificate of enrollment from your university.
  • Proof of sufficient finances.
  • Valid passport.
  • Current visa, if you have one.
  • Certificate of health (if applicable).
  • Your tenancy agreement (if applicable).
  • Bio metric passport photos (if applicable).
  • Residence permit fee (check the current rate beforehand to make sure you bring enough money).
  • Who seek to remain in Germany for more than 2 MONTHS they must get the Confirmation on Registration. “Meldebestatigung”. To get such a confirmation a foreigner must apply at the local Resident’s Registration Office or “Einwohnermeldeamt”.
  • Who seek to remain in Germany for more than 90 DAYS or 3 MONTHS you need to possess the proper residence title. In our case a Residence Permit “Aufenthaltsgenehmigung” is the appropriate title, intended for study purposes. A residence permit will be issued only upon the application of the visa holder at the Alien Registration Office “Ausländerbehörde“ in the city where your university is located.

Although you will already have been asked for proof of language proficiency as part of your university application, you may need to provide this information again in order to gain your residence permit. For courses taught in German, international students need to provide a TestDaf or DSH score, or, for English-taught courses, you’ll need to provide a TOEFL or IELTS score.

“This residence permit is valid for two years, and, if needed, should be renewed before it expires.”

Working in Germany with a student visa:

It is legal to work in Germany with a student visa, but students are restricted to the number of days they can work. This is 120 full days each year or 240 half days. (If you take a job as a student assistant or research assistant at your university, it’s usually no problem to exceed the 120-day limit. If you want to stay in Germany to seek work after your degree, international students with a residence permit can extend it to stay in Germany and seek work for up to 18 months after graduating, as long as the job is related to their field of study. After two years of employment in Germany, it’s possible to apply for permanent residency status. It’s definitely beneficial to be proficient in the German language when seeking work in Germany, but not always essential.

    Free Immigration Assessment

    Important Links

    Need Help?

    Not sure exactly what You are looking for or just want clarification? We’d be happy to chat with you and clear things up for you. Anytime.
    Call Now