Agricultural service contractors provide agricultural services such as livestock and poultry breeding, soil preparation, crop planting, crop spraying, cultivating or harvesting. Farm supervisors supervise the work of general farm workers and harvesting labourers. Specialized livestock workers carry out feeding, health and breeding programs on dairy, beef, sheep, poultry, swine and other livestock farms. Contractors may be self-employed.
This group performs some or all of the following duties:
Agricultural service contractors
- Provide agricultural livestock services such as artificial insemination, spraying or shearing of livestock or disinfecting pens, barns or poultry houses
- Provide agricultural crop services such as plowing, irrigating, cultivating, spraying or harvesting
- Assist in the development and implementation of farm safety and bio-security procedures
- Hire and train workers
- Negotiate the terms of services to be provided
- Maintain financial and operational records
- May participate in the provision of services or in the operation of machinery and equipment.
- Co-ordinate, assign and supervise the work of general farm workers and harvesting labourers
- Supervise and oversee breeding and other livestock-related programs
- Supervise, monitor and enforce procedures to maintain animal and crop health and welfare
- Supervise and oversee growing and other crop-related operations
- Supervise maintenance of infrastructure, equipment, and supplies
- Develop work schedules and establish procedures
- Ensure farm safety, food safety and security and bio-security procedures are followed
- Maintain quality control and production records
- May perform general farm duties.
Specialized livestock workers
- Formulate feeding programs
- Implement pasture or pen breeding programs
- Follow safety and bio-security procedures
- Recognize and treat certain livestock health problems
- Maintain livestock performance records
- Select livestock for sale
- Train horses
- Perform general farm duties
- May supervise general farm workers.
Farm supervisors may specialize in areas such as dairy, poultry, swine, beef, sheep, equine, fruit, vegetable, mixed or other specialty farming.
Specialized livestock workers usually specialize in one type of farm animal such as beef cattle, dairy cattle, poultry or swine.
World Overseas Immigration provide you best guidance for your NOC code if you have any query you can fill the side bar form or you can call us on +919810366117 or +918448490107 or just mail us your query at [email protected]