Motorcycle of all-terrain vehicle and other related mechanics test, repair and motorcycle mechanics, motor scooters, snowmobiles, outboard motors, forklifts and all-terrain vehicles. They are employed by service shops of motorcycle dealers and retailers and by independent service establishments.
- All-terrain vehicle repairer
- Forklift mechanic
- Industrial truck repairer
- Lift truck mechanic
- Motor boat mechanic
- Motor scooter repairer
- Motorcycle mechanic
- Motorcycle mechanic apprentice
- Outboard motor mechanic
- Snowmobile repairer
This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Review work orders and discuss work to be performed with supervisor
- Inspect and test engine and other mechanical components using test devices to diagnose and isolate faults
- Adjust, repair or replace mechanical or electrical system parts and components using hand tools and equipment
- Test and adjust repaired systems for proper performance
- Perform scheduled maintenance service on equipment
- Advise customers on work performed and general condition of equipment
- Determine estimates of repair cost
- May repair and rebuild hoisting mechanism and other mechanical systems on industrial trucks and forklifts.
- Completion of secondary school and training courses or a vocational program is usually required.
- For motorcycle mechanics, completion of a three- to four-year apprenticeship program or a combination of over three years of work experience and high school or college courses in motorcycle repair is usually required to be eligible for trade certification.
- Motorcycle mechanic trade certification is compulsory in Ontario and Alberta and available, but voluntary, in Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, New Brunswick and British Columbia.
- Other mechanics in this unit group may require several years of on-the-job training.
- Red Seal endorsement is also available to qualified motorcycle mechanics upon successful completion of the interprovincial Red Seal examination.
- The Red Seal endorsement allows for interprovincial mobility.
- There is mobility among some occupations in this unit group.
- Progression to supervisory positions is possible with experience.
World Overseas Immigration provides you the best guidance for your NOC code if you have any query you can fill the side bar form or you can call us on +919810366117 or +918448490107 or just mail us your query at Info@worldoverseasimmigration.com