Massage therapists assess soft tissues and joints of the body for treatment and prevention of dysfunction, injury, pain and physical disorders. They work in private practice, including group or team practices, hospitals, clinics, extended care facilities, rehabilitation centres and educational institutions.
- Massage therapist (MT)
- Registered massage practitioner
- Registered massage therapist (RMT)
This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Assess clients by conducting range of motion and muscle tests and propose treatment plans
- Explain procedures, risks and benefits to clients
- Administer massage techniques, treating soft tissues and joints of the body through soft tissue manipulation, relaxation techniques, hydrotherapy, trigger point therapy, joint pain and lower grade mobilizations, remedial exercise programs and client self-help programs
- Suggest home care instructions and provide information about techniques for further postural improvement and stretching, strengthening, relaxation and rehabilitative exercises
- Maintain records of treatments given
- May consult with other health care professionals such as physiotherapists, chiropractors, physicians and psychologists when developing treatment plans for clients.
- Massage therapists may be trained in various specialized massage techniques.
- Massage therapists usually require completion of an 18- to 24-month or 18- to 36-month program in massage therapy from an accredited school and a period of supervised practical training.
- Registration with a regulatory body is required in Newfoundland and Labrador, Ontario and British Columbia.
- Medical technologists and technicians (except dental health) (321)
- Other technical occupations in health care (323)
- Physiotherapy assistants (in 3237 Other technical occupations in therapy and assessment)
World Overseas Immigration provide you best guidance for your NOC code if you have any query you can fill the side bar form or you can call us on +919810366117 or +918448490107 or just mail us your query at Info@worldoverseasimmigration.com