1243 – Medical administrative assistants
Medical administrative assistants perform a variety of secretarial and administrative duties in doctor’s offices, hospitals, medical clinics and other medical settings.
- Administrative assistant – medical
- Medical secretary
- Ward secretary
This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Schedule and confirm medical appointments and receive and communicate messages for medical staff and patients
- Enter and format electronically based medical reports and correspondence and prepare spreadsheets and documents for review
- Interview patients in order to complete forms, documents and case histories
- Complete insurance and other claim forms
- Initiate and maintain confidential medical files and records
- Prepare draft agendas for meetings and take, transcribe and distribute minutes
- Prepare financial statements and billing
- Establish and maintain various internal office administrative support procedures such as document tracking and filing and monthly reporting
- Order supplies and maintain inventory
- Determine and establish office procedures and routines
- May supervise and train other staff in procedures and in use of current software.
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Completion of a one- or two-year college program or other specialized courses for secretaries or medical secretaries is usually required.
- Health information management occupations (1252)
- Medical records clerks (in 1411 General office support workers)
- Medical transcriptionists (in 1251 Court reporters, medical transcriptionists and related occupations)
World Overseas Immigration provide you best guidance for your immigration. If you have any query you can fill the side bar form or you can call us on +919810366117 or +918448490107 or just mail us your query at email@example.com