Hong Kong Immigration Visa
Hong Kong is an excellent destination if you wish to live and work in another country. With Asia-Pacific, China and India becoming the happening economies, gaining any kind of expertise or experience around them adds a lot of value to your resume and opens several opportunities. Hence, a stint in Hong Kong Immigration Visa will add a lot of mileage to your career.
QMAS (Quality Migrant Admission scheme)- is an entrant scheme which works on quota bases that seeks to attract highly skilled people, targeting to enhance the economic competitiveness in the global market. It is an invitation from Hong Kong govt for all the skilled people who want to migrate to different countries. Hong Kong Immigration Visa is having less source in some particular profiles so they are inviting migrant from rest of the world.
One of the two Special Administrative Regions of the People’s Republic of China, Hong Kong is an amazingly beautiful country and located in Asia even as it is pretty famous for its striking & deep natural harbour. This former British colony is one of the leading economies of the world and much targeted by the migrants from almost across the world, more so Asia, many of who shift base to it for a variety of reasons and benefits – some of which are being mentioned here below. That this city-state also has one of the highest per capita incomes across the globe further adds to its unmatched global appeal making it Red Hot for the immigrants.
Benefits of Immigration to Hong Kong
- Free economy: Tax rates here are pretty insignificant. There is also no inheritance tax.
- Free education: The nation offers free education to the children of its migrants. Post shifting to the country, migrants’ children may enjoy absolutely free education.
- Cheaper Living: Travelling, Food, Telecommunication, Medical, and Entertainment — is comparatively cheaper vis-à-vis other leading nations which inspire skilled labor.
- Government: when cases of widespread corruption and dishonesty keep surfacing and re-surfacing from almost all over the world and the various governments keep being held guilty of the same, such a positive aspect of this city-state certainly comes as a pleasant surprise even as it proves to be yet another benefit of Hong Kong immigration.
- Residency: This can be acquired rather quickly & much easily. The migrants only require some months to duly apply for the country’s residency status.
- Democracy: This nation upholds democracy, free spirit. Here, people live with no fears whatsoever of any ideological and political detention.
Hong Kong immigration and it is mandatory to score 80 marks (out of 165) is conducted on basis of factors such as. Quality Migrant Admission Scheme is quota based and seeks talented and highly skilled persons. Hong Kong QMAS visa is followed by the pointing system, The minimum pass mark here is 80 out of 165 points.
- AGE – Minimum age should be 18 years.
- QUALIFICATION – Minimum Degree or Diploma in relevant field.
- EXPERIENCES – Should have minimum 1 year of experience. Freshers can not apply.
- LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY –should be proficient in English or Chinese.
- FINANCIAL REQUIREMENT – Applicants must be capable of supporting themselves financially in getting accommodation, as well as providing support to their dependents.
Step by Step Process for Hong Kong QMAS visa
Below are the following stages which you need to follow to get the Hong Kong QMAS visa
Stage 1: Meet the Eligibility criteria – Every applicant who are wish to move to Hong Kong under the QMAS visa need to fulfil a set of prerequisites and also satisfy the minimum eligibility criteria for this visa. The applicants will be awarded points based on either of the two points-based test that will be held once they are deemed eligible for the same.
Stage 2: Points-based test – Point based test is based on the age, experience, education and language etc. Only Applicants who met all the prerequisites can opt to be assessed either under the General Points or Achievement-based Points Test.
Applicant must get minimum 85 points out of 165 to apply for Hong Kong QMAS visa
Option 1 – General Points Test – There are six distinct factors under the General Points Test which is as below
Age – you should be minimum 21 years and maximum 45 years
Education – Applicant should be minimum diploma or degree holder
Experience – Applicant should have minimum 1 year of experience
Language – Applicant should be proficient in English
Family – Applicant will get extra bonus points for his/her spouse and children
Option 2 – Achievement based Points system Test – there is only one factor for scoring points under the Achievement-based Points Test. while those applying through the achievement points test will need to self-assess the adequacy of their credentials before applying, Applicant can score points under this test on the basis of any of the following factors.
– If he/she has received award(s) for distinctive achievement, such as a Nobel Prize or an Olympic medals.
– If he/she has received an acknowledgement for significant contribution to a particular field .
Stage 3: Quota allocation through Selection exercise – The Hong Kong Government conducts selection exercises for the allocating the quota. During each exercise, candidates meeting the eligibility can get ranked according to their scores. The government of Hong Kong will conduct Selection exercises on an on-going basis for the allocation of quota to the applicants. During each exercise, those applicants who fulfil both the prerequisites and the minimum passing mark as stipulated for the General Points Test or the one point-scoring factor for the Achievement-based Test shall be ranked according to their scores. The highest scoring applications will be short-listed for further consideration. The Director of Immigration along with the Advisory Committee on Admission of Quality Migrants and Professionals will decide on the best way to allocate the quota. Results of the selection exercise will be published on the official website of the Immigration Department and if you choose to apply through Global Tree, our immigration consultants will keep you updated with regards to the status of your application.
Stage 4: Approval-in-principle – Candidates who are successfully allotted a quota in the selection exercise are issued an Approval-in-principle letter. These applicants will need to visit Hong Kong and attend an in person interview and furnish the originals of all documents submitted by them in support of their application. The applicants will need to enter Hong Kong on a visitor visa for the purpose. It should be noted that obtaining an Approval-in-principle letter does not in any way constitute approval of immigration under the scheme.
Stage 5: Issue of visa under QMAS – This is the final stage for application under QMAS and once you are passed this stage you would have successfully immigrated to Hong Kong. Once all your original documents are verified you will be issued with a visa/entry permit under the QMAS which will enable you to stay in Hong Kong permanently.
Benefits of Hong Kong QMAS Visa
- Have a huge job Market.
- Visa can be later converted to Citizenship after 2-3 years.
- You can avail all benefits that a Hong Kong citizen does.
- You family also can live, work & study in any part of Hong Kong .
- You can live and work in any part of Hong Kong.