9224 – Supervisors, furniture and fixtures manufacturing
Supervisors in furniture and fixtures manufacturing supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers who manufacture furniture and fixtures made of wood or other materials. They are employed in furniture and fixtures manufacturing establishments.
- Desk assembly foreman/woman
- Furniture and fixtures manufacturing supervisor
- Furniture assembly foreman/woman – furniture and fixtures manufacturing
- Furniture finishers supervisor
- Laminating foreman/woman
- Woodworking machine operators foreman/woman – furniture and fixtures manufacturing
- Woodworking machine operators supervisor – furniture and fixtures manufacturing
This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of workers who assemble furniture and fixtures of any materials, operate woodworking machines and finish furniture to specified colour or finish
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other departments
- Resolve work problems and recommend work measures to improve productivity and product quality
- Requisition materials and supplies
- Train staff in job duties, safety procedures and company policy
- Recommend personnel actions such as hirings and promotions
- Prepare production and other reports.
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Experience as a furniture and fixture assembler, woodworking machine operator, cabinetmaker or furniture finisher, is usually required.
- Cabinetmakers (7272)
- Contractors and supervisors, carpentry trades (7204)
- Furniture and fixture assemblers and inspectors (9532)
- Furniture finishers and refinishers (9534)
- Supervisors of millwork and wood product manufacturing other than furniture and fixture, and wood machining (in 9227 Supervisors, other products manufacturing and assembly)
- Woodworking machine operators (9437)