7381 – Printing press operators
Printing press operators set up and operate sheet and web-fed presses to print text, illustrations and designs on a wide variety of materials such as paper, plastic, glass, leather and metal. They are employed by commercial printing companies; newspapers, magazines, and other publishing companies; and establishments in the public and private sectors that have in-house printing departments.
- Apprentice pressman/woman
- Assistant pressman/woman
- First pressman/woman
- Flexographic press operator
- Offset press operator
- Printing press operator
- Rotogravure pressman/woman – printing
This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Review job orders to determine job specifications such as production time, colour sequence and quantities required, and advise press crew of these specifications
- Mount plates or cylinders and make necessary adjustments
- Fill ink fountains and take measurements, make adjustments and determine settings to control colour and viscosity
- Set up press and check samples for ink coverage, alignment and registration
- Monitor regular press runs for quality and consistency using computer control console and make adjustments as required
- Remove and clean plates and cylinders at end of press run
- Direct activities of press crew and ensure that safety procedures are adhered to.
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Completion of a college program in printing technology or a combination of on-the-job training and specialized high school, college or industry courses is usually required.
- Trade certification is available, but voluntary, in Québec.
- Progression to supervisory positions, such as pressroom supervisor, is possible with experience.
- Operators of laser printers, colour and large copiers and printing machines (in 9471 Plateless printing equipment operators)
- Screen printing artisans (in 5244 Artisans and craftspersons)
- Supervisors, printing and related occupations (7303)
- Textile printers (in 9441 Textile fibre and yarn, hide and pelt processing machine operators and workers) Follow me…
World Overseas Immigration provide you best guidance for your NOC code if you have any query you can fill the side bar form or you can call us on +919810366117 or +918448490107 or just mail us your query at Info@worldoverseasimmigration.com