4166 – Education policy researchers, consultants and program officers

4166 – Education policy researchers, consultants and program officers

Education policy researchers, consultants and program officers conduct research, produce reports and administer elementary, secondary and post-secondary education policies and programs. They are employed by government departments, school boards, research institutes, professional associations and educational and other organizations throughout the public and private sectors, or they may be self-employed.


Example titles

  • Curriculum developer
  • Curriculum planner
  • Education consultant
  • Education outreach program co-ordinator
  • Education policy officer
  • Education policy supervisor
  • Education program co-ordinator
  • Education program officer
  • Education researcher
  • Special education co-ordinator


  • Language assessor
  • School inspector

Main duties

This group performs some or all of the following duties:

  • Conduct research, produce reports and administer education policies and programs
  • Evaluate curriculum programs and recommend improvements
  • Develop the structure, content and objectives of new programs
  • Conduct statistical analyses to determine cost and effectiveness of education policies and programs
  • Provide ongoing professional development, training and consultative services to teachers and other professionals throughout the public and private sector
  • Develop teaching materials and other resources for program delivery
  • Deliver presentations at conferences, workshops and symposia
  • May supervise the work of other education policy researchers, consultants or program officers
  • May administer specialized testing and assessment programs.

Employment requirements

  • A bachelor’s degree in education or in a discipline such as social science or business administration is required.
  • A master’s degree in education may be required.
  • Specialized training or certification may be required.
  • Several years of experience as a school teacher are usually required.
  • A teacher’s certificate for the province of employment is usually required when employed by provincial education ministries

Additional information

  • Progression to managerial positions is possible with experience.


  • College and other vocational instructors (4021)
  • Educational counsellors (4033)
  • Elementary school and kindergarten teachers (4032)
  • Government managers – education policy development and program administration (0413)
  • Psychology assistants (except university) (in 4164 Social policy researchers, consultants and program officers)
  • Secondary school teachers (4031) Follow us

World Overseas Immigration provide you best guidance for your immigration. If you have any query you can fill the side bar form or you can call us on +919810366117 or +918448490107 or just mail us your query at info@worldoverseasimmigration.com

Free Immigration Assessment

Find out your options for visa by completing a free online assessment.

    Free Immigration Assessment

    Important Links

    Need Help?

    Not sure exactly what You are looking for or just want clarification? We’d be happy to chat with you and clear things up for you. Anytime.
    Call Now