2252 – Industrial designers
Industrial designers conceptualize and produce designs for manufactured products. They are employed by manufacturing industries and private design firms or they may be self-employed.
- Furniture designer
- Industrial design consultant
- Industrial designer
- Industrial products designer
- Product designer
This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Consult with client, engineers or production specialists to establish product requirements
- Analyze the intended use of product and user preferences
- Conduct research into cost, properties of production materials and methods of production
- Develop manual and computer-assisted design (CAD) concepts, sketches or models for approval
- Prepare manufacturing drawings, specifications and guidelines for production and construct prototype of design
- Consult with engineers and production staff during manufacturing stage.
- A university degree in industrial design, architecture, engineering or a college diploma in industrial design is required.
- Creative ability, as demonstrated by a portfolio of work, is required.
- There is mobility between positions in this unit group.
- Mobility is possible to other design occupations.
- Architectural technologists and technicians (2251)
- Civil engineering design technologists (in 2231 Civil engineering technologists and technicians)
- Electrical and electronics design technologists (in 2241 Electrical and electronics engineering technologists and technicians)
- Engineering design and drafting technicians and technologists (in 2253 Drafting technologists and technicians)
- Graphic designers and illustrators (5241)
- Interior designers and interior decorators (5242)
- Mechanical engineering equipment designers (in 2232 Mechanical engineering technologists and technicians)
- Theatre, fashion, exhibit and other creative designers (5243)
World Overseas Immigration provide you best guidance for your immigration. If you have any query you can fill the side bar form or you can call us on +919810366117 or +918448490107 or just mail us your query at email@example.com