1312 – Insurance adjusters and claims examiners
- Insurance adjuster
- Claims examiner
- Claims representative
This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Investigate circumstances surrounding insurance claims to determine validity of claim
- Inspect automobile, home or other property damage
- Take statements and consult with claimants, accident witnesses, doctors and other relevant individuals and examine records or reports
- Determine amount of loss or damages covered by insurance policies
- Negotiate settlement of claims
- Prepare adjustment reports.
Insurance claims examiners
- Review, examine, calculate and authorize insurance claims investigated by insurance adjusters
- Examine adjusters' reports and similar insurance claims or precedents to determine extent of insurance coverage
- Ensure claims are valid and settlements are made according to company practices and procedures
- Consult lawyers, doctors or other relevant individuals to discuss insurance claims
- Approve automobile, fire, life, disability, dental or other insurance claims.
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- A bachelor's degree, college diploma or some post-secondary education or several years of experience as a clerk in the claims department or other general insurance experience is required.
- Several years of on-the-job training and completion of insurance industry courses and training programs are required.
- Independent adjusters require a provincial licence issued by the Superintendent of Insurance in the province or territory of employment.
Completion of educational programs through the Insurance Institute of Canada or its provincial counterparts entitles insurance adjusters and claims examiners to professional recognition as a Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP), and with additional university courses, as a Fellow Chartered Insurance Professional (FCIP).
Are you interested in immigrating to Canada, but not sure how to do it? Whether you want to make Canada your temporary or permanent home, it is important to get access to the most up-to-date information. World Overseas Immigration provide you best guidance, if you have any query you can fill the side bar form or you can call us on 011-41068639 or just mail us your query at firstname.lastname@example.org