0014 – Senior managers – health, education, social and community services and membership organizations
Senior managers in health, education, social and community services and membership organizations plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate, through middle managers, membership and other organizations or institutions that deliver health, education, social or community services. They formulate policies which establish the direction to be taken by these organizations, either alone or in conjunction with a board of directors. They are employed in health care organizations, educational services, social and community services and membership organizations or they may own and operate their own business.
- Arts and culture association chairperson
- Automobile association executive director
- Business association president
- Educational institution chief financial officer (CFO)
- Health services institution executive director
- Labour organization president
- Membership organization general manager
- Music guild president
- Professional association executive director
- Scientific association chairperson
- Social services institution corporate controller
- Voluntary organization executive director
This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Establish objectives for the organization or institution and formulate or approve policies and programs
- Authorize and organize the establishment of major departments and associated senior staff positions
- Allocate material, human and financial resources to implement organizational policies and programs; establish financial and administrative controls; formulate and approve promotional campaigns; and approve overall personnel planning
- Select middle managers, directors or other executive staff
- Co-ordinate the work of regions, divisions or departments
- Represent the organization, or delegate representatives to act on behalf of the organization, in negotiations or other official functions.
Senior managers in this unit group may specialize in areas such as finance, marketing, human resources or in a particular service area.
- A university degree or college diploma in business administration, hospital administration, finance or other discipline related to the service provided is usually required.
- Several years of experience as a middle manager in a related institution or organization are usually required.
- Specialization in a particular functional area or service is possible through specific university or college training in that area or through previous experience.
- Senior managers in finance usually require a professional accounting designation.
There is mobility among senior management occupations.
- Administrators – post-secondary education and vocational training (0421)
- Government managers – education policy development and program administration (0413)
- Government managers – health and social policy development and program administration (0411)
- Managers in health care (0311)
- Managers in social, community and correctional services (0423)
- Other managers in public administration (0414)
- School principals and administrators of elementary and secondary education (0422)
World Overseas Immigration provide you best guidance for your immigration. If you have any query you can fill the side bar form or you can call us on +919810366117 or +918448490107 or just mail us your query at email@example.com