Australia Skilled Regional 887 Visa
Subclass 887 Skilled Regional Visa is a permanent visa for people who have lived and worked in specific regional areas of Australia. To apply for this visa, you must have been on subclass 489, 495, 496, 475 or 487 visa for at least 2 years. This visa is a permanent visa with a travel component that expires after 5 years of the date of visa granted. Visa holder can travel in and out of Australia as many times as he wants. After 5 years candidate need to have Resident Return (RRV) to re-enter Australia as a permanent resident. Candidate can include family members in this visa.
Who can apply for this visa?
- You must be inside Australia at the time of applying
- You must has lived in Australia for minimum 2 years legally.
- You must meet English Language requirement
- You have worked for at least 12 months in Australia in the relevant field.
- You must not have any criminal record.
- You should hold any of the subclass 489, 495, 496, 475 or 487.
- Your health should be good.
What are the benefits of this visa?
- You can stay in Australia permanently
- You can sponsor relatives to Australia
- You can get free medical insurance
- You can study or work in Australia
- You will be able to get Citizenship as well.
Australia Skilled Regional 887 Visa step by Step Process.
- Gather all the necessary documentations.
- Applicant can be in or outside Australia at the time of application.
- Lodge the application online.
- Once the application is approved, the visa grant notice will be sent to the applicant including the visa grant number, commencement date of the visa as well as visa conditions where applicable. If the application is rejected, the applicant will also be notified with reasons for the refusal and also where there is a possibility of reconsidering the visa application, the applicant will be notified.
Cost and Processing time
The cost for the main applicant of this visa is AUD425 and there are charges for health check-ups, police certificates and biometrics. If a family member is 18 years of age or older and has less than functional English (IELTS score of 4.5). This charge is called Second Instalment which costs you AUD4,890 and you need to pay only if your visa will be granted. The visa processing time is currently 8 to 10 months.