Contractors and supervisors, landscaping, grounds maintenance and horticulture services supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers in the following unit groups: Nursery and greenhouse workers (8432) and Landscaping and grounds maintenance labourers (8612). They are employed by landscaping companies, cemeteries, lawn care and tree service companies, nurseries and greenhouses and by landscaping operations of public works departments and private establishments. Contractors may be self-employed.
This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers who maintain lawns, gardens, athletic fields, golf courses, cemeteries, parks, interior plantscapes and other landscaped areas
- Tender bids on contracts for landscaping and grounds maintenance work
- Plan and estimate the materials and labour requirements for individual contracts
- Organize the planting and maintenance of trees, gardens, lawns, shrubs and hedges and the construction and installation of fences, decks, patios, walkways and retaining walls
- Establish work schedules and procedures and co-ordinate activities with other work units
- Resolve work-related problems and prepare and submit progress and other reports
- Requisition supplies and materials
- Maintain financial and personnel records
- Hire staff and train workers in job duties and company policies
- May manage operations of own company
- May provide snow removal services during winter months
- May perform the same duties as workers supervised.
World Overseas Immigration provide you best guidance for your NOC code if you have any query you can fill the side bar form or you can call us on +919810366117 or +918448490107 or just mail us your query at [email protected]