Other small engine and equipment repairers test, repair and service small gasoline and diesel-powered engines and equipment, such as garden tractors technicians, lawn mowers and other related equipment. They are employed by dealer service shops and by independent service establishments.
- Air-cooled small engine mechanic
- Gasoline-powered lawn mower repairer
- Lawn and garden equipment technician
- Small engine technician
- Small equipment mechanic apprentice
- Small equipment repairer
This group of small engine and equipment repairers performs some or all of the following duties:
- Review work orders and discuss work to be performed with supervisor
- Inspect and test engines and other mechanical components using test devices to diagnose and isolate faults
- Adjust, repair or replace mechanical or electrical system parts and components using hand tools and equipment
- Test and adjust repaired equipment for proper performance
- Perform scheduled maintenance service on equipment
- Advise customers on work performed and general condition of equipment
- Determine estimates of repair cost.
- Completion of secondary school and training courses or a vocational program is usually required.
- Completion of a three- to four-year apprenticeship program in small engine or equipment repair or a combination of several years of work experience and high school or college courses in small engine or equipment repair are usually required for trade certification.
- Small engine or equipment mechanic trade certification is available, but voluntary, in Newfoundland and Labrador, Prince Edward Island, New Brunswick, Ontario and Nunavut.
- Inboard/outboard mechanic trade certification is available, but voluntary, in Ontario and British Columbia.
- Outdoor power equipment technician trade certification, for specified types of equipment, is available, but voluntary, in Manitoba, Alberta, British Columbia, the Yukon, the Northwest Territories and Nunavut.
- Progression to supervisory positions is possible with experience.
- Appliance servicers and repairers (7332)
- Motorcycle, all-terrain vehicle and other related mechanics (7334)
- Supervisors of small engine and equipment mechanics (in 7301 Contractors and supervisors, mechanic trades)
World Overseas Immigration provides you the best guidance for your NOC code if you have any query you can fill the side bar form or you can call us on +919810366117 or +918448490107 or just mail us your query at Info@worldoverseasimmigration.com