Boilermakers fabricate, assemble, erect, test, maintain and repair boilers, vessels, tanks, towers, heat exchangers and other heavy-metal structures. They are employed in boiler fabrication, manufacturing, shipbuilding, construction, electric power generation and similar industrial establishments.
- Boiler fitter
- Boiler installer
- Boilermaker apprentice
- Construction boilermaker
- Industrial boilermaker
- Marine boilermaker
- Pressure vessel fabricator
This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Read blueprints or specifications to plan sequence of operation
- Lay out plate, sheet steel or other heavy metal and mark bending and cutting lines on work piece using protractors, compasses and drawing instruments or templates
- Set up and operate heavy-metal working machines such as brakes, rolls, shears, flame cutters and drill presses to cut, shape and form metal into parts or sections
- Fit and weld metal parts or sections together to fabricate boilers, vessels, tanks, heat exchangers, piping and other heavy-metal products
- Erect and install boilers and other heavy-metal products according to specifications using hand and power tools
- Repair and perform maintenance work on boilers and other heavy-metal products
- Direct activities of hoist or crane operators and other workers during fabrication, assembly, installation or repair of structures
- Test finished structures using a variety of methods.
- Boilermakers may specialize in rigging and hoisting, preparation and layout, or welding aspects of the trade.
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Completion of a three- to four-year apprenticeship program or a combination of over four years of work experience in the trade and some high school, college or industry courses in boilermaking is usually required to be eligible for trade certification.
- Trade certification is compulsory in Nova Scotia, Quebec and Alberta and available, but voluntary, in all other provinces.
- Red Seal endorsement is also available, in all provinces, to qualified boilermakers upon successful completion of the inter provincial Red Seal examination.
- The Red Seal endorsement allows for inter provincial mobility.
- Progression to supervisory positions is possible with experience.
- Ironworkers (7236)
- Structural metal and platework fabricators and fitters (7235)
- Supervisors of boilermakers (in 7201 Contractors and supervisors, machining, metal forming, shaping and erecting trades and related occupations)
- Welders and related machine operators (7237) Follow me
World Overseas Immigration provide you best guidance for your NOC code if you have any query you can fill the side bar form or you can call us on +919810366117 or +918448490107 or just mail us your query at [email protected]