7204 – Contractors and supervisors, carpentry trades
Contractors and supervisors in carpentry trades supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers classified in the following unit groups: Carpenters (7271) and Cabinetmakers (7272). They are employed by construction companies, carpentry contractors, maintenance departments of industrial establishments, and custom furniture and fixture manufacturing or repair companies. Contractors may be self-employed.
- Cabinetmaking contractor
- Carpenter supervisor
- Carpentry contractor
- Finish carpenters foreman/woman
- Form builders foreman/woman
- Framers foreman/woman
- Maintenance carpenters foreman/woman
- General foreman/woman – residential construction
- Residential construction supervisor
This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of carpenters who construct, renovate and maintain structures of wood and other building materials and build and install interior finishing in residential, commercial and industrial buildings; and of cabinetmakers who construct and repair custom wooden cabinets, furniture, fixtures and related products
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other departments
- Requisition materials and supplies
- Resolve work problems and recommend work measures to improve productivity
- Train or arrange for training of workers
- Recommend personnel actions such as hirings and promotions
- Ensure standards for safe working conditions are observed
- Prepare schedules and other reports
- May manage the operations of their own companies
- May also supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of related apprentices, helpers and labourers.
Small businesses' contractors may execute tasks within their trade area of expertise, which is generally not the case for supervisors or contractors associated with a medium or large business.
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Several years of experience as a qualified carpenter or cabinetmaker are required.
- Journeyman/woman trade certification as a carpenter or cabinetmaker is usually required.
There is some mobility among jobs within a specific trade; however, there is little or no intertrade mobility.
World Overseas Immigration provide you best guidance for your immigration. If you have any query you can fill the side bar form or you can call us on +919810366117 or +918448490107 or just mail us your query at email@example.com