Contractors and supervisors in electrical trades and telecommunications occupations supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers classified in the following unit groups: Electricians (7241), Industrial electricians (7242), Power system electricians (7243), Electrical power line and cable workers (7244), Telecommunications line and cable workers (7245), Telecommunications installation and repair workers (7246) and Cable television service and maintenance technicians (7247). They are employed in a wide range of establishments; places of employment are indicated in the above unit group descriptions. Contractors may be self-employed.
This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of workers who install, repair and maintain electrical wiring, fixtures and control devices, power systems, telecommunication systems and cablevision systems
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other departments or subcontractors
- Requisition materials and supplies
- Resolve work problems and recommend work measures to improve productivity
- Train or arrange for training of workers
- Recommend personnel actions such as hirings and promotions
- Ensure standards for safe working conditions are observed
- Prepare work progress reports
- May manage the operations of their own companies
- May also supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of related apprentices, helpers and labourers.
Small businesses’ contractors may execute tasks within their trade area of expertise, which is generally not the case for supervisors or contractors associated with a medium or large business.
There is some mobility between jobs within a specific trade; however, there is little or no intertrade mobility.
Foreman/woman of electrical mechanics (in 7301 Contractors and supervisors, mechanic trades) Follow me
World Overseas Immigration provide you best guidance for your immigration. If you have any query you can fill the side bar form or you can call us on +919810366117 or +918448490107 or just mail us your query at firstname.lastname@example.org