Contractors and supervisors in machining, metal forming, shaping and erecting trades and related occupations supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers classified in the following unit groups: Machinists and machining and tooling inspectors (7231), Tool and die makers (7232), Sheet metal workers (7233), Boilermakers (7234), Structural metal and platework fabricators and fitters (7235), Ironworkers (7236), Welders and related machine operators (7237) and Machining tool operators (9417). They are employed by structural, platework and related metal products fabrication, manufacturing and erecting companies and machine shops. Contractors may be self-employed.
This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of workers who shape, form and join metal parts or products to specified dimensions, machine metal into parts, products, tools and dies or moulds with precise measurements and erect light and heavy metal products and structures
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other departments
- Requisition materials and supplies
- Resolve work problems and recommend work measures to improve productivity
- Train or arrange for training of workers
- Recommend personnel actions such as hirings and promotions
- Ensure standards for safe working conditions are observed
- Prepare production and other reports
- Set up machines and equipment and write programs for computer numerically controlled (CNC) machine tools
- May manage the operations of their own companies
- May also supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of related apprentices, machine operators, helpers and labourers.
Small businesses' contractors may execute tasks within their trade area of expertise, which is generally not the case for supervisors or contractors associated with a medium or large business.
World Overseas Immigration provide you best guidance for your immigration. If you have any query you can fill the side bar form or you can call us on +919810366117 or +918448490107 or just mail us your query at email@example.com