Jewellers and workers in related occupations fabricate, assemble, repair and appraise fine jewellery. Watch repairers and related workers repair, clean, adjust and fabricate parts for clocks and watches. They are employed by jewellery, clock and watch manufacturers and retail stores, by jewellery and watch repair shops or they may be self-employed.
This group performs some or all of the following duties:
Jewellers and related workers
- Fabricate and repair precious and semi-precious metal jewellery, such as rings, brooches, pendants, bracelets and lockets
- Examine, cut, shape and polish diamonds using optical instruments, lathes and laps
- Examine, cut, shape and polish precious and synthetic gems using optical instruments, cutting disks and laps
- Appraise gemstones and diamonds to differentiate between stones, identify rare specimens and to detect peculiarity affecting stone values
- Set precious and semi-precious stones in jewellery mountings, according to specifications
- May supervise other jewellers.
- Fabricate or fit parts to make watches and clocks
- Examine clocks and watches, disassemble and check for defective and misaligned parts or rust
- Replace or repair worn or broken parts
- Test, adjust and regulate timepiece movements
- Clean all parts using special cleaning and rinsing solutions and ultrasonic or mechanical cleaning machines to remove dirt and dried lubricants
- May supervise other watch repairers.
Jewellers may specialize in certain kinds of jewellery, such as gold or silver, or in particular operations, such as fabrication or repair.
World Overseas Immigration provide you best guidance for your immigration. If you have any query you can fill the side bar form or you can call us on +919810366117 or +918448490107 or just mail us your query at [email protected]