Patternmakers in this unit group create master patterns for the production of garments, footwear and other textile, leather or fur products. They are employed by pattern manufacturers, textile, leather or fur products manufacturers, or they may be self-employed.
- Dress patternmaker
- Embroidery patternmaker
- Fur garment patternmaker
- Garment patternmaker
- Leather products patternmaker
- Shoe patternmaker
- Textile products patternmaker
This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Examine sketches, samples of articles and specifications of designs to determine number, size and shape of pattern parts and assess the amount of cloth required to make a product
- Draw, lay out and cut master patterns of products
- Outline parts of patterns on paper and mark patterns to indicate details such as the placement of pockets and pleats on garments, decorative stitching on shoe parts or eyelets on canvas products
- Create pattern size variations from master patterns using computer or drafting instruments, or forward patterns to computer operator to create pattern size variations
- Lay out master patterns on fabric and cut sample patterns
- Mark size, identification, style and sewing instructions on sample patterns.
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- College courses in design and patternmaking or one to two years of on-the-job training are required.
- Courses in computer-assisted patternmaking may be required.
- Progression to supervisory positions is possible with experience.
- Supervisors, textile, fabric, fur and leather products processing and manufacturing (9217) Follow us
World Overseas Immigration provide you best guidance for your NOC code if you have any query you can fill the side bar form or you can call us on +919810366117 or +918448490107 or just mail us your query at [email protected]