Announcers and other broadcasters read news, sports, weather, commercial and public service messages and host entertainment and information programs for broadcast on radio or television. They are primarily employed by radio and television stations and networks and by commercial firms that produce advertisements for radio or television.
- Disc jockey (DJ) – broadcast
- News reader
- Radio host/hostess
- Sports announcer
- Talk show host/hostess
- Television host/hostess
- Master of ceremonies (MC)
- Public address (P.A.) system announcer
- Traffic reporter
- Weather reporter
This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Select and introduce music, videos and other entertainment material for broadcast, and make commercial and public service announcements
- Act as host/hostess or master of ceremonies, introduce and interview guests and conduct proceedings of shows or programs
- Read news, sports and weather for radio and television
- Report on weather conditions using information provided by weather forecasting services
- Report on traffic conditions by maintaining contact with external sources of information or by observing traffic from air or land vehicle
- May present own material or material prepared by others.
- Completion of a college radio or television arts program is usually required.
- Practical training, such as work at a college radio station, may be required.
- Talent and ability, as demonstrated during an audition, are important hiring criteria.
- Membership in a guild or union related to the occupation or type of performance may be required.
- Movement to occupations in journalism is possible for those with an educational background in journalism or a related field.
- Broadcast journalists who prepare and present their own reports (in 5123 Journalists)
- Support occupations in motion pictures, broadcasting, photography and the performing arts (5227) Follow us
World Overseas Immigration provide you best guidance for your NOC code if you have any query you can fill the side bar form or you can call us on +919810366117 or +918448490107 or just mail us your query at Info@worldoverseasimmigration.com