Audio and video recording technicians operate equipment to record, mix and edit sound, music and videotape, for motion pictures, television and radio programs, videos, recordings and live events. They are employed by multimedia companies, film, video and concert production companies, sound recording firms, theatre and dance companies, educational establishments, clubs, hotels, bands, radio stations, television networks and video production and editing companies.
- Audiovisual (AV) technician
- Multimedia sound technician
- Postproduction technician
- Recording engineer
- Recording studio technician
- Sound effects editor
- Sound mixer
- Sound technician
- Video and sound recorder
- Video recording technician
- Audio engineer – recording studio
- Electronic news gathering (ENG) editor
- Public address (P.A.) system operator
- Radio technician
- Sound engineer
This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Set up, prepare, operate and adjust audio, recording, editing and reproducing equipment to record, edit and reproduce sound input or feed of pre-recorded material from tapes, records, compact discs, digital audio devices, and input from live microphones, satellites or microwave trucks for films, videos, radio and television programs and recordings
- Prepare and operate videotape recording and playback equipment to record videos, television programs, concerts and live events, and to edit video tape after production
- Operate electronic equipment to generate program titles, credits, sub-titles, graphic backgrounds or animation for television programs
- Operate audio consoles or computers, tape machines, microphones and sound processing equipment to mix, combine and edit music and sound at concerts and live events
- Operate dubbing machines to play back edited dialogue, music and sound effect tracks from different sources, in synchronization with motion picture film
- May supervise and co-ordinate the work of other audio and video recording technicians.
- Completion of a college or other program in recording engineering, audiovisual technology or a related field or experience as a recording studio assistant is usually required.
- Senior occupations in this unit group, such as recording and sound engineers, require experience.
- Broadcast technicians (5224)
- Film and video camera operators (5222)
- Film editors (in 5131 Producers, directors, choreographers and related occupations)
- Other technical and co-ordinating occupations in motion pictures, broadcasting and the performing arts (5226)
- Recording studio assistants (in 5227 Support occupations in motion pictures, broadcasting, photography and the performing arts) Follow us
World Overseas Immigration provide you best guidance for your NOC code if you have any query you can fill the side bar form or you can call us on +919810366117 or +918448490107 or just mail us your query at [email protected]