Library and public archive technicians assist users in accessing library or archive resources, assist in describing new acquisitions, participate in archive processing and storage, and conduct reference searches. They are employed by libraries and public archives.
This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Assist library users in accessing books, films, photographs, maps, documents, electronic materials and other library materials
- Catalogue new library acquisitions under the direction of a librarian
- Perform manual and on-line reference searches and make interlibrary loans for users
- Assist librarians in giving tours and providing children’s and other specialized library programs.
Public archive technicians
- Assist in developing inventories, forms and finding aids
- Implement and update classification plans and records scheduling and disposal plans
- Apply standards and policies for storage of records and archival materials
- Codify and classify archival materials
- Put archival materials on microfilm or in databases
- Transfer materials from current to semi-current status or put into permanent storage
- Purge, sort, reduce and sample archives
- Research and retrieve archival materials
- Participate in instructing and assisting users
- Ensure that proper procedures are followed in the use of computerized document management systems.
World Overseas Immigration provide you best guidance for your NOC code if you have any query you can fill the side bar form or you can call us on +919810366117 or +918448490107 or just mail us your query at Info@worldoverseasimmigration.com