Judges adjudicate civil and criminal cases and administer justice in courts of law. Judges preside over federal and provincial courts.
This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Preside over courts of law, interpret and enforce rules of procedure and make rulings regarding the admissibility of evidence
- Instruct the jury on laws that are applicable to the case
- Weigh and consider evidence in non-jury trials and decide legal guilt or innocence or degree of liability of the accused or defendant
- Pass sentence on persons convicted in criminal cases and determine damages or other appropriate remedy in civil cases
- Grant divorces and divide assets between spouses
- Determine custody of children between contesting parents and other guardians
- Enforce court orders for access or support
- Supervise other judges and court officers.
Judges may specialize in particular areas of law such as civil, criminal or family law.
World Overseas Immigration provide you best guidance for your immigration. If you have any query you can fill the side bar form or you can call us on +919810366117 or +918448490107 or just mail us your query at firstname.lastname@example.org