Elementary school and kindergarten teachers teach basic subjects such as reading, writing and arithmetic or specialized subjects such as English or French as a second language at public and private elementary schools.
- English as a second language elementary school teacher
- French as a second language elementary school teacher
- French immersion teacher – elementary school
- Kindergarten teacher
- Primary school teacher
- Remedial teacher – elementary school
- Special education teacher – elementary school
- Special education teacher – primary school
- Supply teacher – elementary school
- Teacher-librarian – elementary school
This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Prepare courses for presentation to students according to approved curriculum
- Teach students using a systematic plan of lessons, discussions, audio-visual presentations and field trips
- Lead students in activities to promote their physical, mental and social development and their school readiness
- Assign and correct homework
- Prepare, administer and correct tests
- Evaluate the progress of students and discuss results with students, parents and school officials
- Identify children's individual learning needs
- Prepare and implement remedial programs for students requiring extra help
- Participate in staff meetings, educational conferences and teacher training workshops
- May supervise teachers' aides and student teachers.
Elementary school and kindergarten teachers may specialize in such areas as special education or second language instruction.
- A bachelor's degree in education is required.
- A bachelor's degree in child development may be required.
- Additional training is required to specialize in special education or second language instruction.
- A provincial teaching certificate is required. Additional certification is required to teach English or French as a second language.
- Membership in a provincial or territorial teachers' association or federation is usually required.
- Progression to education consultant or school principal is possible with experience.
- Early childhood educators and assistants (4214)
- Elementary and secondary school teacher assistants (4413)
- Elementary school librarians (in 5211 Library and public archive technicians)
- Psychoeducators (in 4153 Family, marriage and other related counsellors)
- School principals and administrators of elementary and secondary education (0422)
- Secondary school teachers (4031)
- Teachers of persons with developmental disabilities (in 4215 Instructors of persons with disabilities)
World Overseas Immigration provide you best guidance for your NOC code if you have any query you can fill the side bar form or you can call us on +919810366117 or +918448490107 or just mail us your query at Info@worldoverseasimmigration.com