4012 – Post-secondary teaching and research assistants
Post-secondary teaching and research assistants assist university professors, community college and CEGEP teachers and other faculty members in teaching and research activities at universities and colleges.
- College laboratory assistant
- College teaching assistant
- Graduate assistant – university
- Post-secondary research assistant
- University research assistant
- Tutor – post-secondary teaching assistant
This group performs some or all of the following duties:
Post-secondary teaching assistants
- Organize reference materials, visual aids and other materials as required by university professors or college teachers for lectures
- Conduct seminars, discussion groups and laboratory sessions to supplement lectures
- Assist in the preparation and administration of examinations
- Grade examinations, term papers and laboratory reports.
- Conduct literature reviews, surveys, laboratory experiments and other research for use in scholarly publications
- Compile research results and assist professors in the analysis of results and the preparation of journal articles or papers.
Post-secondary teaching and research assistants specialize in a subject matter based on their field of study.
- Enrollment in, or completion of, a university or college program is required.
- Elementary and secondary school teacher assistants (4413)
- Other instructors (4216)