Other professionals in health diagnosing and treating diagnose and treat the diseases and injuries of patients. This unit group includes doctors of podiatric medicine, chiropodists and podiatrists, naturopaths, orthoptists and doctors of osteopathic medicine. They work in private practices, clinics and hospitals.
Doctors of podiatric medicine (D.P.M.)
- A four-year doctoral degree program in podiatric medicine available in the United States and in Quebec, normally following completion of a bachelor’s degree program, is required.
- A medical residency is required in Alberta and British Columbia.
- A doctor of podiatric medicine (D.P.M.) degree is required to practise podiatry in Quebec, Ontario, Alberta and British Columbia.
Chiropodists and podiatrists
- A three-year diploma program in chiropody (DCh) obtained in Canada or a first-degree program in podiatric medicine (D.Pod.M.) obtained abroad (United Kingdom) is usually required.
- A licence is required in New Brunswick, Quebec, Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta and British Columbia.
- A university degree in pre-medical science is required.
- Completion of a university program in naturopathic medicine, obtained abroad or a four-year program in naturopathic medicine from a private institute is required.
- A licence is required in Nova Scotia, Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta and British Columbia.
- A bachelor’s degree and completion of a two-year accredited training program in orthoptics are required.
- Certification with the Canadian Orthoptic Council is required.
- Continuing education is required for recertification with the Canadian Orthoptic Council.
Doctors of osteopathic medicine
- A bachelor’s degree is required for admission to a doctor of osteopathic medicine program.
- A four-year program in osteopathic medicine leading to a doctor of osteopathy degree and a one-year medical residency are required. These qualifications are obtained in the United States.
- Completion of the certifying examinations of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada and licensing by the provincial or territorial licensing authority are required.
World Overseas Immigration provide you best guidance for your immigration. If you have any query you can fill the side bar form or you can call us on +919810366117 or +918448490107 or just mail us your query at firstname.lastname@example.org