3112 – General practitioners and family physicians
General practitioners and family physicians diagnose and treat the diseases, physiological disorders and Orthopedists. They provide primary contact and continuous care toward the management of patients’ health. They usually work in private practice, including group or team practices, hospitals and clinics. Residents in training to be general practitioners or family physicians are included in this unit group.
- Family physician
- General practice resident
- General practitioner (GP)
- Medical doctor
- Community preventive medicine physician
- Medical missionary
This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Examine patients and take their histories, order laboratory tests, X-rays and other diagnostic procedures and consult with other medical practitioners to evaluate patients’ physical and mental health
- Prescribe and administer medications and treatments
- Perform and assist in routine surgery
- Provide emergency care
- Provide acute care management
- Vaccinate patients to prevent and treat diseases
- Deliver babies and provide pre-natal and post-natal care
- Advise patients and their families on health care including health promotion, disease, illness and accident prevention
- Provide counselling and support to patients and their families on a wide range of health and lifestyle issues
- Perform patient advocacy role
- Co-ordinate or manage primary patient care
- Provide continuous care to patients
- Supervise home care services
- Report births, deaths, and contagious and other diseases to governmental authorities.
- A bachelor’s degree or in Quebec, completion of a college program and one year of pre-medicine university studies is usually required.
- Graduation from an approved medical school and two to three years of family medicine residency training are required.
- Completion of the qualifying examinations of the Medical Council of Canada or the Collège des médecins du Québec and licensing by the provincial or territorial licensing authority are required.
General practitioners and family physicians may become specialist physicians with additional training.
World Overseas Immigration provide you best guidance for your immigration. If you have any query you can fill the side bar form or you can call us on +919810366117 or +918448490107 or just mail us your query at email@example.com