LMIA Owner/Operator Work Permit Canada
The Owner/Operator LMIA is basically for those candidates who want to purchase and existing business in Canada or participate in the daily activities. Under Owner/Operator work permit candidate will get the LMIA approval without any advertisement but they should have a attractive business plan which have a positive impact on the labour market and economy of Canada.
Minimum Eligibility criteria
- Applicant need to make sure that the Business will create jobs for Canadian citizens.
- Sufficient language abilities in either English or French;
- Applicant should have 51% share of the business.
- Need to be on the higher position in business.
- Must show a proper business plan along with the action taken.
- Applicant need to be sure that will be for the long run and has a very good
- impact on Canada’s economy.
What is the LMIA processing time?
When you apply for LMIA Canada, you can expect the result in 10 working day average. It can be positive or it can be negative as well. Once a positive LMIA opinion is issued, the foreign investor applies for 12-24 months, renewable temporary works permit.At a later stage can apply for PR through Express Entry or a suitable provincial business immigration stream.The following categories will now be processed with 10-business days
- All LMIA applications for the highest-demand occupations (skilled trades)
- Highest-paid (top 10%) occupations
- Short-duration work periods (120 days or less)
The Intra-Company Transfer work permit is for entrepreneurs who want to expand their existing foreign business into Canada. This program is usually used by multinational corporations to move management and key staff between international branches, but it can also be an option for entrepreneurs who want to move to Canada.
This category include people owns 50% of seasonal Canadian business. Entrepreneurs who are investing in a Canadian business that is not related to an existing foreign business may consider a work permit under either the Entrepreneurs/self-employed candidates seeking to operate a business category or a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA)-based work permit for owner operators.
To know more please contact us!!