1121 – Human resources professionals

1121 – Human resources professionals

Human resources professionals develop, implement and evaluate human resources and labour relations policies, programs and procedures and advise employers and employees on human resources matters. They are employed throughout the private and public sectors, or they may be self-employed.


Example titles

  • Classification officer – human resources
  • Classification specialist
  • Compensation research analyst
  • Conciliator
  • Employee relations officer
  • Employment equity officer
  • Human resources consultant
  • Human resources research officer
  • Job analyst
  • Labour organization business agent
  • Labour relations officer
  • Mediator
  • Union representative
  • Wage analyst
  • Employment adviser – human resources
  • Staff training and development officer

Main duties

This group performs some or all of the following duties:

  • Plan, develop, implement and evaluate human resources and labour relations strategies including policies, programs and procedures to address an organization’s human resource requirements
  • Advise employers and employees on the interpretation of human resources policies, compensation and benefit programs and collective agreements
  • Negotiate collective agreements on behalf of employers or workers, mediate labour disputes and grievances and provide advice on employee and labour relations
  • Research and prepare occupational classifications, job descriptions, salary scales and competency appraisal measures and systems
  • Plan and administer staffing, total compensation, training and career development, employee assistance, employment equity and affirmative action programs
  • Manage programs and maintain human resources information and related records systems
  • Hire and oversee training of staff
  • Co-ordinate employee performance appraisal programs
  • Research employee benefit and health and safety practices and recommend changes or modifications to existing policies.

Employment requirements

  • A university degree or college diploma in human resources management or a related field, such as business administration, industrial relations, commerce or psychology or completion of a professional development program in human resources administration is required.
  • Some employers may require human resources professionals to hold a Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) designation.

Additional information

  • Progression to management positions is possible with experience.


  • Human resources and recruitment officers (1223)
  • Human resources managers (0112)
  • Personnel clerks (1415)
  • Professional occupations in business management consulting (1122)
  • Training officers and instructors (in 4021 College and other vocational instructors)

World Overseas Immigration provide you best guidance for your immigration. If you have any query you can fill the side bar form or you can call us on +919810366117 or +918448490107 or just mail us your query at info@worldoverseasimmigration.com

How to contact us

Our office is in South Delhi. You can come in the office directly for any immigration process query. But it will be beneficial for you complete your free assessment visa form before the meeting. So that the consultant has all the knowledge about your profile and he can guide you properly.

Free Immigration Assessment

Find out your options for visa by completing a free online assessment.

    Free Immigration Assessment

    Important Links

    Need Help?

    Not sure exactly what You are looking for or just want clarification? We’d be happy to chat with you and clear things up for you. Anytime.
    Call Now