1225 – Purchasing agents and officers
Purchasing agents and officers purchase general and specialized equipment, materials, land or access rights and business services for use or for further processing by their establishment. They are employed throughout the public and private sectors
- Contract management officer
- Contracts officer
- Energy asset surface land analyst
- Furniture and furnishings purchaser
- Government supply officer
- Material management officer
- Procurement officer
- Purchasing agent
This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Purchase general and specialized equipment, materials, land or access rights, or business services for use or for further processing by their establishment
- Assess requirements of an establishment and develop specifications for equipment, materials and supplies to be purchased
- Invite tenders, consult with suppliers and review quotations
- Determine or negotiate contract terms and conditions, award supplier contracts or recommend contract awards
- Establish logistics of delivery schedules, monitor progress and contact clients and suppliers to resolve problems
- Negotiate land acquisition or access rights for public or private use, and may conduct field investigations of properties
- May hire, train or supervise purchasing clerks.
Purchasing agents and officers may specialize in the purchase of particular materials or business services such as furniture or office equipment.
- A bachelor’s degree or college diploma in business administration, commerce or economics is usually required.
- Purchasing agents and officers purchasing specialized materials or business services may require a related university degree or college diploma. For example, a bachelor’s degree or college diploma in engineering may be required for purchasers of industrial products.
- A certificate in purchasing from the Purchasing Management Association of Canada (PMAC) may be required.
- Previous experience as a purchasing clerk or as an administrative clerk may be required.
- Certification from the International Right of Way Association (IRWA) may be required.
- Progression to managerial positions is possible with experience.
- Purchasing and inventory control workers (1524)
- Purchasing managers (0113)
- Retail and wholesale buyers (6222)
World Overseas Immigration provide you best guidance for your immigration. If you have any query you can fill the side bar form or you can call us on +919810366117 or +918448490107 or just mail us your query at firstname.lastname@example.org