0621 – Retail and wholesale trade managers
Retail and wholesale trade managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of establishments that sell merchandise or services on a retail or wholesale basis. They are employed by retail and wholesale sales establishments or they may own and operate their own store.
- Antique dealer
- Assistant manager – retail
- Automobile repair shop manager
- Bookstore manager
- Car dealership manager
- Cattle dealer
- Clothing store manager
- Department store manager
- Pleasure boat dealer
- Sporting goods store manager
- Store manager – retail
- Supermarket manager
- Variety store manager
This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Plan, direct and evaluate the operations of establishments engaged in wholesale and retail sales or of departments in such establishments
- Manage staff and assign duties
- Study market research and trends to determine consumer demand, potential sales volumes and effect of competitors' operations on sales
- Determine merchandise and services to be sold, and implement price and credit policies
- Source and negotiate with vendors when necessary to procure merchandise for resale
- Develop and implement marketing strategies
- Plan budgets, authorize expenditures, and monitor revenues
- Evaluate and improve customer service and respond to customer requests and issues
- Address staffing requirements, including the hiring, development and retention of staff
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- A university degree or college diploma in business administration or other field related to the product or service being sold may be required.
- Several years of related retail or wholesale sales experience at increasing levels of responsibility are usually required.
- There is some mobility between managers in this unit group, depending on the product or service.
- Advertising, marketing and public relations managers (0124)
- Insurance, real estate and financial brokerage managers (0121)
- Restaurant and food service managers (0631)
- Retail sales supervisors (6211)
World Overseas Immigration provide you best guidance for your NOC code if you have any query you can fill the side bar form or you can call us on +919810366117 or +918448490107 or just mail us your query at Info@worldoverseasimmigration.com