0012 – Senior government managers and officials
Senior government managers and officials plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate, through middle managers, the major activities of municipal or regional governments or of provincial, territorial or federal departments, boards, agencies or commissions. They establish the direction to be taken by these organizations in accordance with legislation and policies made by elected representatives or legislative bodies.
- Assistant deputy minister
- Chief administrative officer – regional municipality
- Chief statistician – government services
- City administrator
- Deputy minister
- Director general – government services
- Executive director – government services
- High commissioner
- Human Rights Commission chairperson
- County clerk
- Town clerk
This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Establish objectives for the organization in accordance with government legislation and policy, formulate or approve and evaluate programs and procedures alone or in conjunction with senior government committees
- Advise elected representatives on policy questions and refer major policy matters to these representatives for final decision
- Recommend, review, evaluate and approve documents, briefs and reports submitted by middle managers and senior staff members
- Co-ordinate department activities with other senior government managers and officials
- Make presentations to legislative and other government committees regarding policies, programs or budgets
- Allocate human and financial resources to implement organizational policies and programs
- Establish financial and administrative controls.
- A university degree or college diploma is usually required.
- A graduate degree in a related field may be required.
- Several years of managerial experience in the public or private sector are required.
There is mobility among senior management occupations.
- Legislators (0011)
- Middle managers in government (in 041 Managers in public administration)
World Overseas Immigration provide you best guidance for your immigration. If you have any query you can fill the side bar form or you can call us on +919810366117 or +918448490107 or just mail us your query at email@example.com