British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program (BC PNP)- 2023
British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program (BC-PNP) is an immigration program Under which all the skilled workers, graduates, and entrepreneurs can move in British Columbia permanently. British Columbia PNP Procedure: through British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program, prospective immigrants with the skills and experience targeted by the province will receive a Nomination Certificate from British Columbia Provincial after getting the nomination from the Province candidate can apply for Canadian permanent residence. The British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program (BCPNP) aims to accelerate the process for those wishing to obtain Canadian permanent resident status and who intend to settle permanently in British Columbia. BC Provincial Nominee Program offers three ways to become a permanent resident in B.C. Each pathway contains different categories you can apply under, depending on your National Occupational Classification skill level.
What are the Categories of British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program?
The British Columbia PNP Procedure operates several immigration streams divided among two categories:
- Skills Immigration (including Express Entry British Columbia)
- Entrepreneur Immigration
See the details below:
- Skilled Worker Category — Under this category an individuals who have received a valid job offer from the province in a skilled occupation can apply for British Columbia PNP. The applicant should have minimum 3 years of experience in their skilled occupation.
Healthcare Professional Category — under these category physicians, nurses, psychiatric nurses or allied health professionals can apply if they are having valid job offer letter from British Columbia. An eligible job offer must be acquired for one of 11 qualifying health occupations.
International Graduate Category — this category is for individuals who have graduated from an eligible Canadian university or college in the last three years. A job offer must be obtained from a BC employer to be eligible under this sub-category.
International Post-Graduate Category— this category is for graduates with Masters or Doctoral degrees from an eligible educational institution in British Columbia in the natural, applied, or health sciences programs of study. No job offer is required to apply under this sub-category.
Entry Level and Semi-Skilled Worker Category — Workers in certain entry-level or semi-skilled positions in tourism/hospitality, food processing, or long-haul trucking, or those in entry-level or semi-skilled positions living and working in the Northeast Development Region of British Columbia, may be eligible for immigration through this program.
Express Entry British Columbia – These streams are further divided into various categories. Some BC-PNP categories are aligned with Canada’s federal Express Entry immigration selection system. Successful applicants under one of these categories obtain 600 additional Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) points and an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for permanent residence at a subsequent draw from the pool.
The following Skills Immigration categories may be processed through Express Entry British Columbia:
- Skilled Worker Category
- Health Care Professional Category
- International Graduate Category
- International Post-Graduate Category
Furthermore, some BC-PNP categories are managed under a unique system, known as the Skills Immigration Registration System (SIRS). Under the SIRS, potential applicants are first required to register a profile and provide some personal information relating to their job offer in BC, work experience, language ability, and level of education. The SIRS works on an Expression of Interest / Invitation to Apply basis, whereby registered candidates are assigned a score (out of 200), and the BC government conducts periodic draws in which candidates who meet the cut-off threshold for their category in that draw are invited to apply for a provincial nomination.
So, British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program (BC PNP)categories require applicants to have a job offer from a BC employer, certain categories managed outside the SIRS do not require applicants to have a job offer.
Candidates who want to settle and invest in British Columbia may be eligible for Canadian permanent residence under this immigration stream. This program is broken down into two categories:
- Entrepreneur Immigration Category — this category is for senior managers or business owners who intend to invest funds into a proposed business in British Columbia.
- Find out the eligibility requirements of the BC PNP Entrepreneur Immigration Category.
- Entrepreneur Immigration (Regional Pilot) — this new pilot is for international entrepreneurs looking to establish a new business in a small community in British Columbia.
- Learn about the eligibility requirements of the BC PNP Entrepreneur Immigration — Regional Pilot.
- Strategic Projects Category — Under this category, foreign-controlled companies can set up an operation in British Columbia. Up to five key foreign managerial, professional or technical staff members can be nominated for permanent residence in the province.
We provide total immigration assistance–from filing the application to house hunting in Canada & Canada PNP. If you want to know what truly world-class immigration services are like, then get in touch with us and we will show you exactly why we are the best in the business. We have already helped over 10,000 Australia PR immigration applicants successfully move to Australia and begin a new life there and can help you do the same. All you have to do is fill out our free assessment form and we will take care of the rest.