Australian Bridging Visas

Australia Bridging visas in are transitory visas which permit a person to remain in Australia for a certain period of time. Bridging visas can also be issued in cases where your visa expires and you need some time to leave Australia, this allows you to stay legally in Australia until you leave the country. Most of the time bridging visas are attached automatically a part of substantive visas when you receive your visa but, in some specific circumstances, you are required to submit a new application for your bridging visa.

What is the type of Australian Bridging Visas?

Australia Bridging Visa A (010) BVA- Usually, these visas are issued in case someone missed the deadline for their new visa application and is currently waiting for their new visa without a valid permit. An Australia bridging visa A is a type of temporary visa that allows you to stay in Australia after your current substantive visa has expired and you are waiting on the decision of your new visa application. A substantive refers to all Australian visas except for a bridging visa and a criminal justice or law enforcement visa

Australia Bridging Visa B (020) BVB –   Bridging visa B is granted temporarily for visa holders in Australia so they can continue to stay legally while their new visa application is reviewed. This type of bridging visa allows them to travel freely in and out of the country for a short period of time. However, there are a number of criteria you must meet before you can apply for a bridging visa B.

  • Hold or held previously a substantive visa.
  • Hold or held a bridging visa A or bridging visa B.
  • Have applied for a new substantive visa.
  • Have applied for a judicial review.
  • You are in Australia when you submit your application.

Bridging Visa C (030) BVC – A bridging visa C may be issued to you if you didn’t have or don’t have a substantive visa but, you have applied for one. This visa will grant you legal status temporarily until your application is finished being reviewed by the Department. You cannot switch from a BVC to a BVB, which means that you are not allowed to leave Australia while you have a valid BVC.

Bridging Visa D (040) BVD – A Bridging Visa D (BVD) will allow you to stay in Australia for a short period if your substantive visa has expired. This period is just sufficient to enable you to submit a substantive visa application, prepare to leave Australia, or to be granted a Bridging Visa E (BVE). A BVD does not allow you to work in Australia or return if you depart Australia.

Bridging Visa E subclass 050 and 051 (BVE)- Bridging Visas E or BVE are generally granted to non-citizens to allow them to remain in Australia lawfully. They are usually granted to non-citizens when they have been detected as unlawful and to provide them with time to depart Australia voluntarily.

Bridging Visa F subclass 060 (BVF) – A Bridging Visa F can be granted to you if you are a person of interest to police in Australia concerning serious commonwealth offences involving trafficking, sexual servitude, or deceptive recruiting. This visa will allow the holder to remain in Australia until the earliest date specified by the Minister. Usually this is 30 days from the grant or until the Minister advises that you are no longer a person of interest to the police.

Document Checklist for an Australia Bridging Visa

  • Copy of your passport bio page
  • good character Certificate
  • you need to submit your fingerprints after you apply for the visa
  • Proof of fascinating reasons for travel