Psychologists assess and diagnose behavioural, emotional and cognitive disorders, counsel clients, provide therapy, conduct research and apply theory relating to behaviour and mental processes. Psychologists help clients work toward the maintenance and enhancement of psychological, physical, intellectual, emotional, social and interpersonal functioning. They work in private practice or in clinics, correctional facilities, hospitals, mental health facilities, rehabilitation centres, community service organizations, businesses, schools and universities, and in government and private research agencies.
This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Examine and assess behaviour, diagnose behavioural, emotional and cognitive disorders, counsel clients and provide therapy
- Help clients manage physical illness and disorders
- Counsel individuals and groups to achieve more effective personal, social and vocational development and adjustment, and offer mediation services
- Use standard psychological tests for assessment
- Plan intervention programs and conduct program evaluation
- Apply psychological theory and principles regarding behaviour and mental processes such as learning, language development, memory and perception to develop treatment programs
- Formulate hypotheses and experimental designs, review literature, conduct studies and publish research papers, educational texts and articles
- Deliver presentations at conferences, workshops or symposia
- Provide consultation services to government and other organizations.
Psychologists may specialize in applied psychology or experimental research. Sub-specialties include behavioural psychology, child psychology, cognitive psychology, developmental psychology, educational psychology, industrial psychology, neuropsychology, social psychology or sports psychology.
World Overseas Immigration provide you best guidance for your immigration. If you have any query you can fill the side bar form or you can call us on +919810366117 or +918448490107 or just mail us your query at [email protected]