354 immigration candidates are invited by BC PNP
On 27, October, British Columbia held its weekly Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) draw.
BC PNP issued 354 invitations through the Express Entry BC (EEBC) and Skills Immigration streams.
Candidates were invited under the
- Skilled Worker,
- International Graduate,
- and Entry-Level and Semi-Skilled subcategories.
The minimum required score for successful candidates was as follows:
- Skills Immigration: Skilled Worker: 93 points
- Skills Immigration: International Graduate: 94 points
- Skills Immigration Entry-Level and Semi-Skilled: 75 points
- Express Entry BC: Skilled Worker: 92 points:
- Express Entry BC: International Graduate: 93 points
BC PNP conducts draws on a weekly basis through its various PNP categories and streams.
To apply for the skills immigration or express admission BC categories, candidates must first create a profile through the online portal of BC PNP and register under its Skill Immigration Registration System (SIRS).
Applicants are evaluated and issued a score based on factors such as level of
- work experience,
- proficiency in English and
- place of employment.
If an applicant is approved, they can use their provincial nomination to apply for permanent residency with Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) under the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP).
Express entry candidates who receive nominations from British Columbia will be given 600 additional points towards their Express Entry Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score.
Such individuals are effectively guaranteed an invitation (ITA) in future Federal Express entry draws.