Skilled Employer-Sponsored Regional (Provisional) visa – subclass 494
Immigrate to Australia under Subclass 494 Skilled Employer Regional Visa!!!
The Subclass 494 Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional visa was launched on 16th November 2019, to replace Subclass 187 Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme.
Australian Government wants more skilled foreign workers to work in Australia towards the regional area, which facing shortage of the resources. To increase the immigration ratio in these areas Department of home affairs (DHA) has introduced two visas – the Subclass 491 & Subclass 494.
What is Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (Provisional) visa?
Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (Provisional) visa has allows all the employers in Australia to sponsor overseas skilled workers to fulfil the local labour market. Under this visa foreign workers who are qualified to occupy the job vacancies which cannot be filled by the Australian population. Under Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (Provisional) visa candidate can study, work and live in the designated regional area upto 5 years.
How Can an Australian Employer nominate a foreign worker?
Subclass 494 has two visa sub-categories – the Employer sponsored stream and the Labour Agreement Stream. Under Employer Sponsor stream, an eligible Australian employer can nominate a foreign worker to worker in an occupation that is facing shortage in Australian Labour market. This is mandatory that the employer must be running the business lawfully in Australia, and be an approved work sponsor or have applied to become a business sponsor to submit an application for foreign worker.
What will happen to Australia Sub class 187 visa applications?
The Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme Visa (subclass 187) will close to new applicants from November 16, 2019. Transitional arrangements will be put in place for applicants who have lodged both the Nomination and Visa and are undecided at that time.
What are the requirements of Subclass 494?
- Age under 45 at time of application (exemptions apply)
- Competent English at time of application
- You must have been employed in the nominated occupation for at least 3 years on a full-time basis and at the skill level required for the nominated occupation. Generally, you should have gained your experience within the last 5 years. The period does not need to be continuous. Equivalent part-time work may be considered. DHA does not consider casual work.
- GTE requirement does not apply
- If in Australia, hold a substantive or Bridging Visa A, B or C
- Successful skills assessment at time of application
- Doctor registration requirement does not apply
- DoHA Fee (main applicant) $4,045 and for spouse: $2,025, children under 18 : $1010
- Second VAC: $4890 if adult applicant does not meet Functional English.
494 Employer and job offer requirements:
- Employer must be located in a designated regional Australia, everywhere except Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane.
- Regional areas include Perth, Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast, Lake Macquarie, Illawarra, Geelong, Newcastle, Wollongong, Adelaide, Hobart and Canberra.
- Position be on the list of eligible occupations
- Position must be full time and likely be available for 5 years
- employer will need approval from the Regional Certifying Body (RCB)
- Employer must pay the Australian Market Salary Rate (AMSR)
What are the Benefits of the subclass 494 visa?
- Applicant Can apply for permanent residence without a second nomination stage, if eligible, through the subclass 191 visa (commences 16 November 2023)
- Lower cost to employers with only one SAF levy stage for the subclass 494 nomination (compared to the two stages for the current subclass 482 to ENS subclass 186 permanent resident pathway)
How Subclass 494 visa is pathway to Australia PR?
- Can move between jobs but will have 90 days to find a new nominator
- Must live and work for 3 years on the 494 visa in regional areas to get Permanent Residence (Skilled Regional) 191 Visa
- Cannot apply for any other skilled PR or 820 partner visa for 3 years
- Eligible for Medicare on 494 visa – Health insurance not required