8222 Contractors and supervisors, oil and gas drilling and services
Contractors and supervisors in oil and gas drilling and services supervise and co-ordinate the activities in drilling for oil or gas, operating service rigs, or providing oil and gas well services. They are employed by drilling and well service Contractors and supervisors oil contracting companies and petroleum producing companies. Contractors may be self-employed.
- Fracturing supervisor
- Multi-service operator – oil field services
- Rig manager
- Well services crew supervisor
- Oil field consultant
This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of workers who drill for oil and gas, operate service rigs or provide oil and gas well services
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other departments
- Requisition and procure materials and supplies
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve productivity and safety
- Train workers in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
- Recommend personnel actions such as hirings and promotions
- Prepare production and other reports
- May set up machines and equipment.
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- Completion of college or petroleum industry approved training courses is required.
- Extensive experience in the occupations supervised is required.
- A two-year college diploma in petroleum engineering technology may be required.
- Certificates in first aid, hydrogen sulphide awareness, blowout prevention, well control, workplace hazardous materials information system (WHMIS), transportation of dangerous goods (TDG) or other safety and technical subjects are required and are obtained by completing short courses.
- There is little mobility for supervisors from well services to well drilling.
World Overseas Immigration provide you best guidance for your NOC code if you have any query you can fill the side bar form or you can call us on +919810366117 or +918448490107 or just mail us your query at Info@worldoverseasimmigration.com