2241 – Electrical and electronics engineering technologists and technicians
Electrical and electronics engineering technologists and technicians may work independently or provide technical support and services in the design, development, testing, production and operation of electrical and electronic equipment and systems. They are employed by electrical utilities, communications companies, manufacturers of electrical and electronic equipment, consulting firms, and in governments and a wide range of manufacturing, processing and transportation industries.
- Communications technologist
- Electrical engineering technician
- Electrical engineering technologist
- Electricity distribution network technologist
- Electronics design technologist
- Electronics engineering technician
- Electronics engineering technologist
- Electronics manufacturing technician
- Electronics manufacturing technologist
- Lighting technologist
- Metering technologist
- Microwave maintenance technician
- Production support technician – electronics manufacturing
This group performs some or all of the following duties:
Electrical and electronics engineering technologists
- Design, develop and test power equipment and systems, industrial process control systems, telecommunication, broadcast, recording and audiovisual systems, microelectronic systems and circuits, computers, computer systems and networks, and computer software
- Supervise the building and testing of prototypes according to general instructions and established standards
- Conduct or supervise the installation, commissioning, and operation of electrical and electronic equipment and systems other than aircraft electronics or instruments
- Carry out applied research in fields of electrical and electronic engineering and physics under the direction of scientists or engineers
- Set up and operate specialized and standard test equipment to diagnose, test and analyze the performance of electrical and electronic components, assemblies and systems
- Write specifications, schedules and technical reports and control schedules and budgets.
Electrical and electronics engineering technicians
- Assist in the design, development and testing of electrical and electronic components, equipment, and systems
- Assist in inspection, testing, adjusting and evaluation of incoming electrical, electro-mechanical and electronic components and assemblies to ensure conformance with product specifications and tolerances
- Conduct life tests (burn-ins) on assemblies and record and analyze results
- Assist in building and testing prototypes to specifications
- Carry out a limited range of technical functions in support of research in electrical and electronic engineering and physics
- Install, operate and maintain electrical and electronic equipment and systems
- Calibrate electrical or electronic equipment and instruments according to technical manuals and written instructions
- Collect and compile operational or experimental data and assist in the preparation of estimates, schedules, budgets, specifications and reports.
- Completion of a two- or three-year college program in electrical or electronics engineering technology, computer engineering technology, telecommunications technology or an equivalent is usually required for electrical or electronics engineering technologists.
- Completion of a one- or two-year college program in electrical or electronics engineering technology is usually required for electrical or electronics engineering technicians.
- Certification in electrical or electronics engineering technology or in a related field is available through provincial associations of engineering/applied science technologists and technicians and may be required for some positions.
- A period of supervised work experience, usually two years, is required before certification.
- In Quebec, membership in the regulatory body for professional technologists is required to use the title “Professional Technologist.”
- There is mobility to other related occupations such as technical sales, electronics service technicians, instrument technicians and avionics technicians.
- Progression to managerial positions in engineering, production or operations is possible with experience.
- Aircraft instrument, electrical and avionics mechanics, technicians and inspectors (2244)
- Electronic service technicians (household and business equipment) (2242)
- Engineering managers (0211)
- Industrial instrument technicians and mechanics (2243)
- Manufacturing managers (0911)
- Technical sales specialists – wholesale trade (6221)
World Overseas Immigration provide you best guidance for your immigration. If you have any query you can fill the side bar form or you can call us on +919810366117 or +918448490107 or just mail us your query at email@example.com